Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ / Re: Phantom Caption Thread
« Last post by MartAnimE on May 11, 2022, 08:00:46 PM »
All Series / Re: Tsubasa Chronicle Caption Thread
« Last post by MartAnimE on May 11, 2022, 08:00:22 PM »
All Series / Re: All Others Caption Thread
« Last post by MartAnimE on May 11, 2022, 08:00:05 PM »
ELDA TALUTA / Re: Elda Taluta Caption Thread!
« Last post by MartAnimE on May 11, 2022, 07:59:46 PM »
MADLAX / Re: The "Madlax Cinematic Universe" is officially a thing
« Last post by MartAnimE on May 11, 2022, 01:36:52 AM »
I caught up to episode 6 and it's been a pretty fun ride and easy watch so far, even if I'm not at all into golf. The intensity is pretty on brand for sports anime, though I must say, the golf mafia parts are pretty outrageous and make it all the more hilarious! XD

Eve is definitely Madlax
Aoi is totally Margaret
Aoi's attendant, totally totally Eleanore

I agree with your observations! And Snake Woman is Limelda, maybe? There was also mention of a Mr Carrossa, funnily enough... ^^;

I noticed the reuse of "yur" as currency aswell, though they spell it "euru", which is an odd choice since this universe's "Nafrece" looks a lot more South American than European to me.

Looking forward to more and I definitely recommend it to golf fans, yuri fans and Madlax fans, though you should definitely not take it too seriously. ;D
« Last post by MartAnimE on May 10, 2022, 08:24:52 PM »
Wow I will definitely watch it! Thanks for sharing! ;D
« Last post by noirlax on May 10, 2022, 06:59:30 PM »
Thanks for posting this Fellini! My goodness a Madlax universe anime is cool.  Going to check it out.
MADLAX / The "Madlax Cinematic Universe" is officially a thing
« Last post by Fellini 8.5 on May 10, 2022, 06:43:12 PM »
I was actually going to post about this after the first album, but now that I've seen it invoked, I can't help myself...
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/this-week-in-anime/2022-05-10/.185498

From the first episode mentioning that it was taking place in Nafrece, I was like OMG this show is Madlax II: Electric Golfaroo!
Kuroda's writing it, and I didn't know that not only did he write that smutty Valkyrie Drive show, but invoked Nafrece in that too.  Thus Steve pointing it out in the ANN exchange.

Eve is definitely Madlax
Aoi is totally Margaret
Aoi's attendant, totally totally Eleanore

For Vanessa I was waffling between the woman who runs the orphanage, or Eve's caddyfriend Lily.

The others I haven't quite sorted out yet as it's steadily spiraling in to insanity.  Feel free to posit your own of course. :)

If you passed it up, give it another go after reading that review.  Spoilers really won't hurt anything because this is the kind of show you just have to roll with.

MADLAX / Re: Carrossea Doon pick up lines
« Last post by noirlax on May 07, 2022, 08:27:52 PM »
Let me connect you with a Pondoon!
El Cazador de la Bruja / Re: The El Cazador Caption Thread
« Last post by noirlax on May 05, 2022, 09:47:34 AM »
LA: There's a creepier stalker than me? I don't believe you!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10