Author Topic: .hack//Quantum  (Read 13148 times)

Fellini 8.5

• Film Snob
  • ASA NISI MASA
    • View Profile
    • Kineska
.hack//Quantum
« on: August 06, 2010, 10:30:09 AM »
Breaking news from ANN:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-08-06/new-.hack/quantum-game-anime-green-lit

The September issue of Kadokawa Shoten's Newtype magazine is announcing on Tuesday that a .hack//Quantum anime adaptation of Bandai Namco Games' .hack games has been green-lit. The popular .hack role-playing game franchise revolves around adventures in a fictional online game called The World. In .hack//Quantum, the characters Sakuya, Tobias, and Meari form a party and embark on a high-difficulty-level quest in The World R:X. (The World R:X is the new version of The World seen in this year's .hack//Link game for the Sony PSP.)

Along with Mazinkaizer SKL and Koisento, the .hack//Quantum anime will be shown at the "Anime Fes. 'VS' presented by Bandai Visual" event. (The event's future website already has an address.) The event will travel to Tokyo, Yokohama, Osaka, Kyoto, and Nagoya starting on November 27.

Bandai Namco Games announced at last September's Tokyo Game Show that a full-CG anime project from Bandai Visual would tie into the .hack//Link game. However, it has not been announced yet whether or not the new .hack//Quantum anime is the same project.
...bolded by me for emphasis.  The screencap on ANN makes it look like it'll be 2d, but you never know.  Which means it may not be Bee Train yet again.
Fellini 8.5
kineska.blogspot.com -- Cinema, soapbox, music & musings
www.beetrainfan.org -- Noir, Madlax, .hack, El Cazador & much more!

Kapenguin

• True Fan
  • Paved paradise to put up a parking lot
    • View Profile
  • Favorite Series: .hack//SIGN
Re: .hack//Quantum
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 11:45:37 AM »
Ah, should've known an anime tie-in was inevitable. It's disappointing that Bee Train's not doing it, but I'll definitely be interested to see how it ties into the new game.

kavi

• DM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 02:31:07 PM »
first 5 links on google for .hack//Quantum:

ann
ann
ann
btf
kineska

way to go! ;D
---
Would you like some tea?

---
RPG things:

Current Campaign

AlexShadow

• DM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 03:15:55 PM »
This story has been around for a year regarding a new CGI .hack// Anime by CC.  So yeah no BT. 

EDIT: Though ANN doesn't seem to be sure if this is the LINK Tie In though there is a high probability that it is.  But if it isn't I can only further the bad news that I saw an unnamed .hack// Project with GAINAX attached.  Unfortunately I don't remember the link.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 03:18:36 PM by AlexShadow »

kavi

• DM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 03:24:53 PM »
This story has been around for a year regarding a new CGI .hack// Anime by CC.  So yeah no BT

assuming it's the same anime, yes. Not to be too cynical, but between Yakumo and Phantom I'm not sure why Bee Train would want another .hack// anime when it's a rather tired franchise, and .hack//LINK in particular seems to have limited potential. Besides, .hack// has gotten to the point where the only people following .hack// anime now are die-hard .hack// fans. Much as I personally would probably enjoy it, if I were an anime production company, I wouldn't want to be spending time on an old project for limited audience.
---
Would you like some tea?

---
RPG things:

Current Campaign

AlexShadow

• DM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2010, 03:33:45 PM »
You have a point there.  Well I'm usually of the opinion there's always an audience out there old or new.  I don't think only die-hards like me still follow .hack// it can and will always find new audiences.  Especially considering most of the anime still have stand-alone value (spare Liminality) so there is not much of needing to worry about following a perfect linear storyline.

I still though have been wondering if they are doing two projects this year giving that Mashimo didn't take the director's chair for Yakumo like he did with Murder Princess (I imagine MP and El Caz were in production around the same time) but it could be just wishful thinking.  I'm keeping a close eye on this Steins;Gate project from Nitro+ (though I'm leaning towards MadHouse with that one.)  WHEW what a mouthful :D

Koveras

• Crazy in the Head
  • DM
  • Deny everything
    • View Profile
    • Koveras.net
  • Favorite Series: Madlax
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2010, 04:45:23 PM »
Didn't Bandai break up with Bee Train after Roots? Just a rumor I heard...

kavi

• DM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2010, 04:56:08 PM »
According to Japanese wikipedia, BT was doing in-between for Mayoi Neko Overrun, but I doubt Mashimo would be involved with that - so yeah, barring some personal crisis or a sabbatical, I daresay he'd be doing something. I guess we should be patient :)

Yes, but that was 4 years ago...stuff changes
---
Would you like some tea?

---
RPG things:

Current Campaign

AlexShadow

• DM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2010, 10:42:48 PM »

I would not think so as they still did the last OVA project (GU Returner).  Whether Bandai and Bee Train are still major clients I do not know.

AlexShadow

• DM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2010, 04:19:19 PM »
UPDATE:

Nope not Bee Train, this time Kinema Citrus (Tokyo Magnitude 8.0) is producing this as an OVA series.

Staff:
Director: Masaki Tachibana (Tokyo 8.0, Noir)
Writer: Tatsuya Hamazaki (.hack// GU, Legend of the Twilight)
Music: Ko Otani
Character Designer: Atsushi HASEBE

EDIT
oh and Yuuka Nanri is performing a theme song but there is no word if Yuki is attached with her or if she is flying solo.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 04:28:24 PM by AlexShadow »

AlexShadow

• DM
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2011, 03:06:40 PM »
FUNimation just licensed the OVA.  That's unusual seeing as every other .hack// anime has been been by Bandai.  I can't complain because Bandai has done some dickish things the last few years and with FUNimation it's guranteed a dub.  On another note I think this also puts a little glimmer of hope for a US Release of the Movie.

AlexShadow

• DM
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2011, 01:18:32 AM »
FUNimation will release this on February 12

Kapenguin

• True Fan
  • Paved paradise to put up a parking lot
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2011, 02:07:32 AM »
Nice. Any word on an English version?

AlexShadow

• DM
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2011, 10:13:15 PM »
Nice. Any word on an English version?

No casting announcements yet.

Well it's FUNimation and they almost always dub as far as I know so 99.9% sure there will be an English dub.  Likely in house but you never know if they might go to Bang Zoom! 
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 10:14:58 PM by AlexShadow »