Author Topic: The third series announced!!! "El Cazador"  (Read 94872 times)

Fellini 8.5

• Film Snob
  • ASA NISI MASA
    • View Profile
    • Kineska
Latest NewType images: More character designs!
« Reply #120 on: February 10, 2007, 01:57:30 PM »
I'll get around to commenting later, but first a hot-off-the-press pic!   ;D

(click for full-size)

Got this from Makoto's blog, as usual. :)  He's got more commentary on the cast announcement here (run it through your favorite translator!).

I don't have any translation of the pic handy, but I'm guessing it's exactly the same as the info we've gotten thus far.

More later, I hope!
« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 02:00:31 PM by Fellini 8.5 »
Fellini 8.5
kineska.blogspot.com -- Cinema, soapbox, music & musings
www.beetrainfan.org -- Noir, Madlax, .hack, El Cazador & much more!

Koveras

• Crazy in the Head
  • DM
  • Deny everything
    • View Profile
    • Koveras.net
  • Favorite Series: Madlax
Re: The third series announced!!! "El Cazador"
« Reply #121 on: February 10, 2007, 02:31:20 PM »
Ok, here is a brief who-is-who on the picture for those who don't wanna decipher that themselves:

First row: Nadi and Ellis ::)
Third row: Douglas Rosenberg and Jodie Hayward
Fourth row: Ririo (?), Ricardo, Heinrich Schneider, L.A.

Hm, Jodie is sure dull-looking compared to Chloe and Limelda. %)

MartAnimE

• Portugoose
  • Administrator
  • This is Parta~!
    • View Profile
    • My teespring store!
« Reply #122 on: February 10, 2007, 02:32:44 PM »
 Ah nice to see all the characters at last! :D Oh wow, bishounen in the house! The guy in the lower right, the "LA" character, I think I like him already! ^^; The woman in glasses is probably the Chloe/Limelda successor, and she doesn't look so exciting so far. The little girl with the hat wasn't credited before I believe. The guy in the white suit must be a bad guy (cuz only bad guys wear white suits like that), the other two... seem ok. ^^;
« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 02:36:01 PM by MartAnimE »

Fellini 8.5

• Film Snob
  • ASA NISI MASA
    • View Profile
    • Kineska
« Reply #123 on: February 10, 2007, 02:40:59 PM »
One more quick bit of news I just saw on AnimeSuki:
Quote from: NeoSam
A comic-ization of the bishoujo action anime El Cazador will start in May's issue of the seinen manga magazine Champion RED.

Yes, a seinen El Cazador manga will start in May 2007 :P

:P
Fellini 8.5

Koveras

• Crazy in the Head
  • DM
  • Deny everything
    • View Profile
    • Koveras.net
« Reply #124 on: February 10, 2007, 02:47:03 PM »
The guy in the white suit must be a bad guy (cuz only bad guys wear white suits like that)

I dunno, he reminds me of Carossea. %)

The little girl with the hat wasn't credited before I believe.

Nope, and I was wondering how her name is transliterated correctly. Ririo, Lilio, or Rilio?.. Anyway, she reminds me of Laetitia. %)

One more quick bit of news I just saw on AnimeSuki

I see, so this'll be the first manga based on an original Bee Train work. %)

Fellini 8.5

• Film Snob
  • ASA NISI MASA
    • View Profile
    • Kineska
« Reply #125 on: February 10, 2007, 02:58:26 PM »
I see, so this'll be the first manga based on an original Bee Train work. %)
Arguably, the .hack manga would fit that bill, being part of an overall multi-media release strategy and an aspect of the universe they were building.
Fellini 8.5

MartAnimE

• Portugoose
  • Administrator
  • This is Parta~!
    • View Profile
    • My teespring store!
« Reply #126 on: February 10, 2007, 03:04:48 PM »
A comic-ization of the bishoujo action anime El Cazador will start in May's issue of the seinen manga magazine Champion RED.

I might be speaking too soon, but the simple idea of it sounds rather outrageous to me! :-\ Well let's wait and see...

I dunno, he reminds me of Carossea. %)

Well, Carossea was sort of a "bad guy" for the most part! ^^;

Nope, and I was wondering how her name is transliterated correctly. Ririo, Lilio, or Rilio?.. Anyway, she reminds me of Laetitia. %)

Or it could be Lirio too... Personally, if I could choose I think I'd go with that! :P
« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 03:06:30 PM by MartAnimE »

Koveras

• Crazy in the Head
  • DM
  • Deny everything
    • View Profile
    • Koveras.net
« Reply #127 on: February 10, 2007, 03:27:19 PM »
Arguably, the .hack manga would fit that bill, being part of an overall multi-media release strategy and an aspect of the universe they were building.

Nay, .hack was co-produced with Bandai, wasn't it? That's no Shin no Biitorein. %)

Well, Carossea was sort of a "bad guy" for the most part! ^^;

Well, aren't *all* characters in Bee Train's girls-with-guns animes "bad" in some way? ^^; Well, save Vanessa, of course. And Elenore.

Or it could be Lirio too... Personally, if I could choose I think I'd go with that! :P

That's why I left it to you to make that option public. ::)

Matrim

• True Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 10, 2007, 04:09:56 PM »
Well, me, I've never been a great fan of warm and fuzzy relationships, I like fast-paced action, ingeniously simple philosophies and aesthetically perfect settings. In other words, stories like Madlax. Too much accent on the characters never gets the plot anywhere... well, it's not like getting the plot going has ever been the primary objective of the character-driven animes, in the first place.

You are aware that Madlax is anything but a fast paced plot driven series, right? It's not as if the difference in approach between it and Noir is so great

Hisakawa Aya's character looks like a bookworm, I suspect that in this case appearance deceives.
I am the pain when you touch the truth.

Koveras

• Crazy in the Head
  • DM
  • Deny everything
    • View Profile
    • Koveras.net
« Reply #129 on: February 10, 2007, 04:49:25 PM »
You are aware that Madlax is anything but a fast paced plot driven series, right?

Didn't appear that way to me, in any case. %)

Oh, and regarding that manga adaptation, it appears that its original source was Moon Phase, as well:

http://d.hatena.ne.jp/moonphase/20070210

Mihura

• ~(^o^~)
  • True Fan
  • (~^o^)~
    • View Profile
    • http://animemore.blogspot.com/
« Reply #130 on: February 10, 2007, 08:03:53 PM »

I might be speaking too soon, but the simple idea of it sounds rather outrageous to me! :-\ Well let's wait and see...

When I saw bishoujo in the genres it gave me an awful felling like MartAnime but that is because I relate bishoujo with harem animes with lots of moe that most of the time came from a galge.

I know that bishoujo mean beautiful girl but that was never in noir nor madlax anime genders. Maybe the manga is a AU like Mai HiME or Mai Otome and something like that will probably going to have fanservice  :'(

I know is to premature to say this but am start to see mainstream all over it first the title, that is not that alternative like the preview ones, them the character are moe with funny faces and now a bishoujo manga, I like changes but this is a little to must and to soon.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 08:05:52 PM by Mihura »

Matrim

• True Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 10, 2007, 08:57:36 PM »
There are manga titles that has very little to do with the anime originals, so even if the manga is some crappy bishoujo harem, the anime still can well be very different. Simoun even had two separate mangas, one aimed at men and another at women. :) The Mai-HiME manga was even more full of fanservice than the anime and didn't seem to have many of its strong sides. This El Cazador manga seems to be a marketting trick, along the lines of "Like these sexy girls? If you want a decent plot, too, go check out the anime". I wouldn't mind at all if the manga turns out to be a good one, of course.
I am the pain when you touch the truth.

MartAnimE

• Portugoose
  • Administrator
  • This is Parta~!
    • View Profile
    • My teespring store!
« Reply #132 on: February 10, 2007, 09:10:20 PM »
Maybe the manga is a AU like Mai HiME or Mai Otome and something like that will probably going to have fanservice  :'(

Gah blasphemy!!! God forbid!!! That would be more than I can take!!! ^^; If there's gonna be a manga let it at least be a decent one! :-\ The last thing I would like to see is a manga that goes again the Bee-Train policy of "no fanservice, respect the characters"!

Well, aren't *all* characters in Bee Train's girls-with-guns animes "bad" in some way? ^^; Well, save Vanessa, of course. And Elenore.

Oh c'mon, you know what I mean! ^^; There are the protagonists (the "good guys") and the characters opposing them (the "bad guys"). Sure the protagonists might be criminals themselves, but that usually means the guys opposing them are even worse! What I mean is, the viewer usually takes the protagonists' side, and accepts it as "the good side", cuz protagonists usually have at least some virtuosity and/or redeeming qualities that capture the viewer's sympathy to an extent, despise their perfectly normal human flaws!

And I think that Douglas Rosenberg guy is a "bad guy" for several reasons now: the white suit; a striking resemblance to Carossea, like you mentioned; he's on the same platform level in that pic as the "Aya Hisakawa" Jodie Hayward character (which I'm guessing is with the "bad guys" aswell), so I think they might be connected; and last, but not least (and just for random stupid pointless speculation), notice he has *glasses*! and so does the "Aya Hisakawa" Jodie Hayward character! and the Heinrich Schneider guy at the bottom! 8)

Hmmm... so those three must all be "bad guys" because they have glasses, complicated names and surnames! Notice all the other characters have short simple names! So I'd say Nadi and Ellis are "the good guys"; Douglas Rosenberg, Jodie Hayward and Heinrich Schneider are the "bad guys"; and Ririo/Rilio/Lirio/Lilio, Ricardo and L.A. are the "so-so guys" (because their names all start with an "L" or an "R" which is all the same in japanese anyway)! ;D

nae

• Cute Evil Fan
  • True Fan
  • Taco taco tacosu
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 11, 2007, 12:54:48 AM »

LOL, yes! It feels sacrilegious to me too! But it can't be worse than the Simoun drama CD and I survived that. Gotta get used to these franchises and the whole $$ aspect of anime marketing.

Again, Mihura makes a good point there. If I may take the Simoun example, though, a series being commercial doesn't entirely take away from its value as a work. It may, however, gain some detractors who object to what they see as commercial concessions.

(Aye, the Mai- franchise is not a good example to follow....)

This is all still in the realm of speculation, I must add.

Koveras

• Crazy in the Head
  • DM
  • Deny everything
    • View Profile
    • Koveras.net
« Reply #134 on: February 11, 2007, 02:10:31 AM »
and last, but not least (and just for random stupid pointless speculation), notice he has *glasses*! and so does the "Aya Hisakawa" Jodie Hayward character! and the Heinrich Schneider guy at the bottom! 8)

Hey, careful! I wear glasses, too. %) Btw, were there any prominent bespectacled characters in Bee Train anime before? Strangely enough, I can't recall any... :-\

PS: Yay, I have 700 postings! =)