Author Topic: The third series announced!!! "El Cazador"  (Read 94889 times)

MartAnimE

• Portugoose
  • Administrator
  • This is Parta~!
    • View Profile
    • My teespring store!
  • Favorite Series: Madlax
Re: The third series announced!!! "El Cazador"
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2007, 12:14:58 PM »
 Heh it's fine, I guess I pay too much attention to little details... ^^;

Fellini 8.5

• Film Snob
  • ASA NISI MASA
    • View Profile
    • Kineska
"El Cazador" NewType translation!
« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2007, 06:20:15 PM »
I'm going to post a translation of the article that appeared in Newtype and Animage  that was just sent to me by my friends Makoto and Keiko.  I'm planning on cleaning it up a bit and posting it as a real article, along with scans of the magazines themselves (which are on their way via post).  But this stuff is too juicy to sit on!   ;D

page 49, "Animage" February 2007

Here comes the last stage of girls-with-guns trilogy

Ellis, who Leviathan produced, has witch's DNAs. Nadie who is a bounty hunter chases Ellis and later they get together to try to find out what's what. They go down to Ellis' hometown. Since this story is more than Western by Sergio Leone and "Desperado", it definitely entertains you. Kenichi Kanemaki known by "Negima!?", "Tsukiyomi","Jigoku shoujo"was invited as a screenwriter. We look forward to watching it.

The Interview with director, Koichi Mashimo: "The story is serious and direction is harder."

Q This story follows "NOIR"and "MADLAX."

A I have made the original stories with Shigeru Kitayama of Victor. But one day I was interviewed and unconsciously said "I'd like to make a trilogy."So I told him about it and said "Next, what are we gonna make?" This trilogy happens to be girls -with -guns lines but actually what I made was adolescent movies.

Q What fascinates us?
A Oh,give me a break! We always have hectic days. Anyway, a killer, a mercenary or a bounty hunter, no matter what the heroines are, they happened to be and they feel their life is ordinary. There is adolescence, too. They live now but their world is almost fantasy and unrealistic. That fascinates you.

Q What do you want to express most in "EL CAZADOR"?
A It is common to "NOIR" and "MADLAX"... Ordinary girls live in the springtime in the extraordinary world. I'd like to emphasize this point more this time. Since Mexico or Latin America is the stage for this story, I want them to venture their fate positively,like what's going on is serious but they laugh it away and keep on going forward. But actually I admit that it's not easy to direct it.

Q Did Spaghetti Westerns and Tarantino's movies influence this story?
A Yep, in a way, I mean I'm sure serious gun maniacs will get angry(laugh.)  Don't say, "No one shoots like this!" or "how to shoot is unusual!" I hope they will accept them as props. I'd like the characters to play to the gallery. I know some people didn't like that. But I prefer such silly stuff and bluff.

Q Tell me Ellis and Nadie's appeal.
A Ellis is green, naive and innocent but she is a nihilist and slippery; meanwhile, Nadie seems an easygoing wanderer but actually she has very heavy stuff in the depth of her heart. They seem to make a contrast with each other but actually they are ordinary girls and alike; they don't want to be hurt. I believe that people also feel they're smart.

Inserts for the characters:

Ellis is wanted as a murder suspect of a physicist, Heintz. She was produced by Leviathan and has witch's DNA.

Nadie is a bounty hunter. She tries to find Ellis' hometown with her. She has a 45-caliber gun, Colt Government.

Well how about that?  ;D  A Sergio Leone spaghetti western (anyone remember this thread?), taking place in "Mexico or Latin America" (the Peru connection was due to Yuki Kajiura's research trip, not necessarily from any other hard data, I think; but "South America" is still in play, I figure).

The production "group" for the series is named "Leviathan" as well, and it sounds like it may be the big, evil organization lurking in the shadow.

And Nadie's gun is a .45 Colt Govenment.  And, Mashimo is poking fun at the "gun maniacs"...  Gee, we don't have any of those on this board, do we?   ???

EDIT: Corrected "Animege" to be "Animage"...
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 01:51:42 PM by Fellini 8.5 »
Fellini 8.5
kineska.blogspot.com -- Cinema, soapbox, music & musings
www.beetrainfan.org -- Noir, Madlax, .hack, El Cazador & much more!

Chocolatt

• True Fan
  • a.m.d.g.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2007, 08:57:02 PM »
Oh sorry, my bad. %) I pay little attention to small details like expressions and words myself, so I assumed Chocolatt was asking about the contents of my message. *smacks himself silly* Oh, and that was probably partially caused by the absence of quotation marks around the "IMO".

o.o 
internet jargon. i'll get it!  ;) thanks, MartA and Koveras. btw (<--ah-ha! ;)), I hadn't seen the re-release either. :-X :-X (blasphemy?)

Q Did Spaghetti Westerns and Tarantino's movies influence this story?
A Yep, in a way, I mean I'm sure serious gun maniacs will get angry(laugh.)  Don't say, "No one shoots like this!" or "how to shoot is unusual!" I hope they will accept them as props. I'd like the characters to play to the gallery. I know some people didn't like that. But I prefer such silly stuff and bluff.

that just made me laugh outright. i especially get some flashbacks of Madlax ep. 1... 19-13:27... 19-13:31... dresses... eh... I still find it slightly absurd and a little disturbing... just never seen Death so graceful...

Q Tell me Ellis and Nadie's appeal.
A Ellis is green, naive and innocent but she is a nihilist and slippery; meanwhile, Nadie seems an easygoing wanderer but actually she has very heavy stuff in the depth of her heart. They seem to make a contrast with each other but actually they are ordinary girls and alike; they don't want to be hurt. I believe that people also feel they're smart.

I pulled out dictionary.com because nihilist isn't in my vocabulary. I guess I have an excuse to use it now!!

ni·hil·ism [nahy-uh-liz-uhm, nee-]
–noun
1. total rejection of established laws and institutions. 
2. anarchy, terrorism, or other revolutionary activity. 
3. total and absolute destructiveness, esp. toward the world at large and including oneself: the power-mad nihilism that marked Hitler's last years. 
4. Philosophy. a. an extreme form of skepticism: the denial of all real existence or the possibility of an objective basis for truth
b. nothingness or nonexistence. 
5. (sometimes initial capital letter) the principles of a Russian revolutionary group, active in the latter half of the 19th century, holding that existing social and political institutions must be destroyed in order to clear the way for a new state of society and employing extreme measures, including terrorism and assassination. 
6. annihilation of the self, or the individual consciousness, esp. as an aspect of mystical experience. 
non non rien a change (Les Poppys, 1971) video by dratjp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-qYMXNtE4s
“Each night, when I go to sleep, I die. And the next morning, when I wake up, I am reborn." ~Gandhi

Ombrenuit

• Wait and Hope
  • True Fan
  • Day Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2007, 12:12:18 AM »
Maybe some of the series will take place in Argentina, colonized by the French.

Koveras

• Crazy in the Head
  • DM
  • Deny everything
    • View Profile
    • Koveras.net
« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2007, 12:35:02 AM »
If I manage to get my laptop running and connect it to the University W-Lan today, I'll expand our wiki article greatly. %) Meanwhile, I'd need some formal data on that interview: primarily, the name of the author.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 04:42:46 AM by Koveras »

artent

• True Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2007, 10:23:05 AM »
I was getting a little learly of this since magic didn't strike me to well, but now that I know its going to be kinda like a Sergio Leone movie I'm back to %400 excitment.

On a related note, I think the name is just fine, I mean it's no weirder then MADLAX as a title.

janus

• True Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2007, 01:07:56 PM »
>>bing>> I win the prize... actually it makes since because the setting is in South and Central America that they would be using guns from that part of the world in keeping with trends.  The Colt Government is officially the Colt 1911A1 .45 ACP.  Knowing these guys, it will be the original and not a copy.  Yeah!

And now on to more important subjects, FBI is not responsible for wanted persons outside of the United States of America, the CIA is, so there is a problem unless South and Central America are going to be part of the Estados Unidos de America - USA in Spanish.  Actually, the name is pretty neat; hope it does not have to be changed because of the comic book.  (copyright protection - reason).  I can not wait to see what they define as a "witch", a person who can manipulate matter? distort space? travel through time? psychic powers?

How about a Series Discussion for "El Cazador?"
« Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 01:20:39 PM by janus »
What am I supposed to say...Mireille, I would love for you to shoot me in the head, anytime?

Koveras

• Crazy in the Head
  • DM
  • Deny everything
    • View Profile
    • Koveras.net
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2007, 02:54:32 PM »
Actually, the name is pretty neat; hope it does not have to be changed because of the comic book.  (copyright protection - reason).

Well, if they ever do get sued, the comic's authors will have a hard time explaining THEIR copyright violation: in 1991, there was a movie bearing the same title. =)

[edited]

Btw, regarding the future setting of the subj: I believe, Mashimo ain't sure himself where it's gonna take place, Mexico or South America. %) I mean, Gazth-Sonika, as we all know, is allegedly located in south-western Asia, however, AFAIK geography, there are no such lush jungles in that part of our sorry planet, just the deserts and highland plateaus... Meaning that they deliberately wanted to create a mix of the Gaza Strip and, say, Vietnam.

Same here: judging by all that witches and DNA modification talk going on, Mashimo isn't gonna confine himself within the objective reality boundaries again and create a fictional country that'll incorporate FBI, Mexico, Latin America, and Peruvian music culture. %)

Alesiopdv

• True Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2007, 03:44:52 AM »
Maybe some of the series will take place in Argentina, colonized by the French.

Jajaja, hilarious commente!! Are you argentain, becuase I am. By the way am new in the forum. PLease to meet you all. ;D

Im really looking forward for this series, I love the girlswithguns genre (and the yuri too).

I dont care about realism because Noir, which was set in 2009, still has the twin towers (you can see it on the Intocabile act 1).
Noir was 2009, MAdlax 2011 so this is when?
Oh and the full title is El Cazador de LA Bruja and I dont recall any product call like that, so I dont fear copryright issues.

IMG]http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p128/Alesiopdv/HaruhiEats.jpg[/IMG]

Koveras

• Crazy in the Head
  • DM
  • Deny everything
    • View Profile
    • Koveras.net
« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2007, 07:13:50 AM »
I dont care about realism because Noir, which was set in 2009, still has the twin towers (you can see it on the Intocabile act 1).

Hm, an interesting observation... If that is true, I wonder if they're gonna retouch it in the upcoming re-release... Anyway, Intoccabile I has aired on 25 May 2001, so back then, the WTC was still realistic. :)

Noir was 2009, MAdlax 2011 so this is when?

Well, Colt Government is long out... But so is P210, go figure. Anyway, judging by the heroines' outfits, subj's not set in any modern setting. I'd say, either the past, or far future, like Avenger. :)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 07:22:18 AM by Koveras »

Ombrenuit

• Wait and Hope
  • True Fan
  • Day Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2007, 10:09:56 PM »
I'm not from Argentina et mon français est terrible! But glad to have you with us  :)

Section_8

• Master of Grapes
  • True Fan
  • El Cazador Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2007, 12:02:16 AM »
Heh. If one of them wields a Peacemaker "spin the gun with the lever to reload", that'd be sweet.

I suppose I should see Madlax before this comes out, huh...
Three a.m. is a wonderful time / when the terrors of sound come alive.

I know not whence that came.

nae

• Cute Evil Fan
  • True Fan
  • Taco taco tacosu
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2007, 02:40:27 PM »
I suppose I should see Madlax before this comes out, huh...

Ditto to that.

How long do series productions usually take, after the planning stages? Or Mashimo's productions....

Koveras

• Crazy in the Head
  • DM
  • Deny everything
    • View Profile
    • Koveras.net
« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2007, 03:08:46 PM »
Well, judging by the past experience, planning of a GWG-series takes about 3 years. And the production of a television series usually depends on the airing dates, doesn't it? Or is it not what you have meant by your question?

nae

• Cute Evil Fan
  • True Fan
  • Taco taco tacosu
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2007, 08:30:52 AM »
Well, judging by the past experience, planning of a GWG-series takes about 3 years. And the production of a television series usually depends on the airing dates, doesn't it? Or is it not what you have meant by your question?

I see, thanks. Yes, that was about it. It was a deliberately vague question.  ;D