Author Topic: The third series announced!!! "El Cazador"  (Read 94891 times)

Koveras

• Crazy in the Head
  • DM
  • Deny everything
    • View Profile
    • Koveras.net
  • Favorite Series: Madlax
Re: The third series announced!!! "El Cazador"
« Reply #60 on: January 20, 2007, 06:08:28 PM »
Well, Fellini seems too modest to post links to his own blog, so I'll do that for him... Basically, the rumor that Kajiura went to Peru for inspiration has been confirmed:

http://kineska.blogspot.com/2007/01/yuki-kajiura-did-go-to-peru-for.html

Fellini 8.5

• Film Snob
  • ASA NISI MASA
    • View Profile
    • Kineska
« Reply #61 on: January 21, 2007, 04:55:58 PM »
Modest? Me?  Nah....   Just trying to juggle too many IRL tasks and letting other things slip.

Besides, I thought everyone here read my blog anyhow; me being such a fascinating writer and all.  *cough* 

In the mean time, yeah, if you go to Tencho's blog (via google xlate) http://translate.google.com/translate?sourceid=navclient&hl=en&u=http%3a%2f%2ftenchyo%2eseesaa%2enet%2farticle%2f31669982%2ehtml you can get the info straight from the source.  I've already asked him some questions about it, but he's got IRL tasks to do too.  :)

Oh, and he's sent me the actual copies of Animage and NewType with the articles in them!  I'm hoping to make better scans (again, when?), but essentially, this one is from Animage (2007.Feb, pg 49) and this one is from NewType (February 2007, pgs 28-29).

More to come, I hope...
Fellini 8.5
kineska.blogspot.com -- Cinema, soapbox, music & musings
www.beetrainfan.org -- Noir, Madlax, .hack, El Cazador & much more!

Koveras

• Crazy in the Head
  • DM
  • Deny everything
    • View Profile
    • Koveras.net
« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2007, 04:56:18 AM »
Besides, I thought everyone here read my blog anyhow; me being such a fascinating writer and all.  *cough* 

Well, myself, I had to get the link from Marta. %)

Oh, and he's sent me the actual copies of Animage and NewType with the articles in them!  I'm hoping to make better scans (again, when?), but essentially, this one is from Animage (2007.Feb, pg 49) and this one is from NewType (February 2007, pgs 28-29).

And do you have a translation of the latter?

Fellini 8.5

• Film Snob
  • ASA NISI MASA
    • View Profile
    • Kineska
« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2007, 11:39:30 AM »
They're both the same interview, with no real differences, so she just provided the one from Animage.
Fellini 8.5

Fellini 8.5

• Film Snob
  • ASA NISI MASA
    • View Profile
    • Kineska
New "El Cazador" info on the official site
« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2007, 11:34:43 PM »
http://www.elcazador.tv/story/story.html

I was surfing aimlessly and decided to check the site and see if it changed, and I nearly missed it - a new "Story" link.

Here's the Google translation:

In girl [erisu] which is chased with suspicion of physicist [haintsu] Schneider murder,
Why, the enormous prize was applied in reverse side society.
[nadei] of the prize income finds [erisu] in Mexican countryside town, but impulsively
It means from the circumstances to rescue [erisu] from the other prize income.
[erisu] escaped and when truth of incident will be pinpointed, the chaser was opposite to south.
She was born there, you say that there is “a home”. If it goes there, by your
It is the expectation where the past when you do not know is found but - so [erisu] which you are convinced, as for clue
You call gemstone of the Inca rose that and “[uiniyaimaruka]” destiny is led,
Just word of puzzle. As for volunteering role of the guide in [erisu] which comes to an end to the way, her
It was [nadei] of the expectation which you have chased.
Hiding, it becomes the prize neck and that, strange escape of the prize income starts….

Hmm.  I'll have to bug my friends for real translations, but a couple of interesting additional details extrapolated from what we know from the other interviews --
 - Nadei finds Ellis in a Mexican town
 - Ellis was born in the "south", and I suspect does not know her past.
 - "Gemstone of the Inca Rose" - Well, there's the Peru connection.

More later?  Hope so!
Fellini 8.5

Koveras

• Crazy in the Head
  • DM
  • Deny everything
    • View Profile
    • Koveras.net
« Reply #65 on: January 23, 2007, 03:06:45 AM »
Great, I've updated the wiki. :) There is still no direct French connect in sight, though...

PS: Btw, Fellini, why do you dislike Babelfish? Its translations from Japanese make more sense to me than Google's...
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 03:08:50 AM by Koveras »

Fellini 8.5

• Film Snob
  • ASA NISI MASA
    • View Profile
    • Kineska
« Reply #66 on: January 23, 2007, 09:04:01 AM »
PS: Btw, Fellini, why do you dislike Babelfish? Its translations from Japanese make more sense to me than Google's...

It's more laziness than dislike.  With the Google toolbar installed, all I have to is right-click on a page and say "Translate to English".  Bang, it's done.

Bablefish has been giving me errors more often than not lately when trying to view a site, or even if I cut and paste a big chunk manually.  On the other hand, Google tends to give up translating after some unknown number of bytes, so trying to get something out of, say, a 2chan thread is annoying.
Fellini 8.5

Koveras

• Crazy in the Head
  • DM
  • Deny everything
    • View Profile
    • Koveras.net
« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2007, 10:40:27 AM »
Bablefish has been giving me errors more often than not lately when trying to view a site, or even if I cut and paste a big chunk manually.  On the other hand, Google tends to give up translating after some unknown number of bytes, so trying to get something out of, say, a 2chan thread is annoying.

Indeed, Babelfish's markup sensitivity is troublesome... But it's page-consistent, meaning that if you've translated a page once, it'll work fine afterwards, too. Just for the record. :) Oh, and btw, Firefox has got an extension for quick translation of webpages. ;)

Fellini 8.5

• Film Snob
  • ASA NISI MASA
    • View Profile
    • Kineska
Uinyaimarka = Wiñay Marka = Eternal City
« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2007, 08:01:19 PM »
Speaking of translations, over on AnimeSuki, the guy from Moedosed who posted that first summary translation way back when posted one of this, too.
Quote from: Toua
In the underground world, an enourmous reward was placed on the head of a girl named Ellis who's a suspect of murdering a physicist Heinz Schneider.
Coincidentally, Ellis gets saved from other bounty hunters by a bounty hunter named Nadi who finds her in a country town in Mexico. She escapes southwards after learning the truth of the matter. She expects to find a place there called Hometown where she was supposedly born. Ellis is convinced that if she goes there she can figure out her unknown past. Her only leads through her fate are the Inca rose gemstone and a mysterious word Uinyaimarka (ウイニャイマルカ - not sure how to transliterate). Nadi volunteers to become her guide even though she was originally chasing her.
Thus the journey of a girl with a prize on her head and a strange bounty hunter will begin.

Which, even more interestingly, was followed up by Kensuke:
If the "Uinyai" is transliterated as "Winay", after a little googling and seaching wikipedia I found this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winay_Wayna
...snip...
No luck for the "マルカ" part. Marka? Maruka? Maluca?

Aaaaannnnddd....  Wiki sez:
Wiñay Wayna (Quechua for "forever young") is an Inca ruin along the Inca trail to Machu Picchu. It is built into a hillside overlooking the Urubamba River. The site consists of upper and lower house complexes connected by a staircase and fountain structures. Beside the houses lies an area of agricultural terraces.
(Has a pic too!)

And as I've speculated on my blog, I think "marka" is just a "mark".  A sign, an inscription, a tattoo...?  Or not.

What about in Spanish?

UPDATE:  Duh, answered my own question.  "Wiñay Marka" is a part of Lake Titicaca.  No decent singular sources via Google yet because the sections of the lake are named in Spanish, not Quechua, but best I can piece together is that it's the smaller part of the lake on the Bolivian side.

MORE UPDATE: Neat link on Lake Titicaca: http://www.crystalinks.com/laketiticaca.html  -- tons of interesting legend stuff in there that I'm sure will make for great speculation...

FINAL UPDATE!!!:  (seriously, I've got housework to do!)  On this travel guide page, there's this useful tidbit:
The lake’s original name was Khota Mamma (“Mother Lake”), and was only renamed Titicaca after the Spanish conquest. The lake has two sections. The smaller southern section, known as Wiñay Marka (“Eternal City”), is comparatively shallow, which led to the legend of a city lying beneath the lake.  The discovery of remains of a settlement and an ancient temple on the lake bed in 2000 bolstered this theory.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 08:46:37 PM by Fellini 8.5 »
Fellini 8.5

Koveras

• Crazy in the Head
  • DM
  • Deny everything
    • View Profile
    • Koveras.net
« Reply #69 on: January 24, 2007, 01:48:51 AM »
Now I know what you do for living, Fellini. :) You are a military/business intelligence analyst. :)

janus

• True Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 24, 2007, 06:47:53 PM »
How about a Series Discussion for the series? Huh?   ???

Okay, so how about it?
What am I supposed to say...Mireille, I would love for you to shoot me in the head, anytime?

Koveras

• Crazy in the Head
  • DM
  • Deny everything
    • View Profile
    • Koveras.net
« Reply #71 on: January 25, 2007, 04:14:04 AM »
Just stumbled onto an idea... Not that I think that Mashimo could've ever come up with something as kitsch and unoriginal, but doesn't the idea of an evil German physisist combined with South American setting remind one of a certain political party now banned in nearly every state of the world?..

I hope that's just my imagination running freaky. %)

artent

• True Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 25, 2007, 10:31:20 AM »
you may be on too somthing.   Though combining it with a Western Setting would be somthing new.

Koveras

• Crazy in the Head
  • DM
  • Deny everything
    • View Profile
    • Koveras.net
« Reply #73 on: January 26, 2007, 10:17:50 AM »
I have studied some materials about Lake Titicaca and found out that "Wiñay Marka" is actually a misspelling. Actually, it is written as "Huiñaymarca" in Spanish...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Titicaca
http://www.wildrussia.spb.ru/rus/Peru/Images/titicaca1s.jpg
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 10:22:50 AM by Koveras »

Fellini 8.5

• Film Snob
  • ASA NISI MASA
    • View Profile
    • Kineska
« Reply #74 on: January 26, 2007, 10:52:08 AM »
The "Wiñay Marka" spelling is the original Quechua, so you'll see both.
Fellini 8.5