Author Topic: The third series announced!!! "El Cazador"  (Read 94661 times)

MartAnimE

• Portugoose
  • Administrator
  • This is Parta~!
    • View Profile
    • My teespring store!
  • Favorite Series: Madlax
Re: The third series announced!!! "El Cazador"
« Reply #90 on: February 01, 2007, 05:59:32 PM »
But, what about "Leviathan"?

Additionally, El Cazador is apparently code named "Project Leviathan", see the official website, the very bottom of the page. :)

Ok so this got me thinking, so far we have two key names: "El Cazador", the series title, and probably referring to the organization hunting down Ellis, though it might also be referring to Nadi who is a Bounty Hunter initially hunting for Ellis (supposedly the witch); and then we have "Leviathan" that seems to be the name of the organization related to the scientist guy that modified Ellis DNA.

Back in Noir we had "Noir" and "Soldats", in Madlax we had "Madlax" and "Enfant", but with "El Cazador we still have not a clear idea on who is who, more precisely, which side take the two main characters? Who are the "good guys" and the "bad guys"? And why does the series planning project takes one of those names and then the anime itself is named after the other? These make up for great speculation material! ;D

A lot of exciting new questions are raised, and thankfully, Bee-Train didn't made the easy mistake of using similar logic regarding the key names once again! This alone is just one more thing leading me to believe that they surely won't fail to impress, by delivering the same good old Bee-Train style we all love without becoming predictable! :)

Koveras

• Crazy in the Head
  • DM
  • Deny everything
    • View Profile
    • Koveras.net
« Reply #91 on: February 02, 2007, 03:27:27 AM »
and then we have "Leviathan" that seems to be the name of the organization related to the scientist guy that modified Ellis DNA.

We don't even know if that's an organization yet. It says in the interview that "she [Ellis] was produced by Leviathan and has witch's DNA". Leviathan may be a name of person or an AI, even (hey, the guys *have* produced .hack!). Sorta reminds me of the confusion people had to tell the difference between Enfant and Friday Monday. %)

BtW, thinking of the philosophy classes I've taken in my last years of school, I suggest that "Leviathan" maybe a vague French connection, as well. In 1651, Thomas Hobbes published a book called "Leviathan" where he described the philosophical base of the absolutistic state (an absolute monarchy), which was later realized by Louis XIV, Louis XV, and Louis XVI of France ("L'État, c'est moi"). Considering, absolute monarchy is quite similar in my eyes to the totalitarian states of the 20th century, including the one built by the infamous political party I've mentioned the other day. %)

Fellini 8.5

• Film Snob
  • ASA NISI MASA
    • View Profile
    • Kineska
« Reply #92 on: February 03, 2007, 04:56:26 PM »
So let's see...  Underwater authoritarian Nazi genetic engineers, mysterious Inca legends (maybe even mysterious underwater Inca legends!), spaghetti-western heroine & amnesiatic witch (with underwater potential?  Oh, let there be wetsuits!  8) )....

Let's see, what else?  Oh yeah, bounty hunters!

I think this is going to wind up waaaay crazier than MADLAX.  Just a guess...
Fellini 8.5
kineska.blogspot.com -- Cinema, soapbox, music & musings
www.beetrainfan.org -- Noir, Madlax, .hack, El Cazador & much more!

Koveras

• Crazy in the Head
  • DM
  • Deny everything
    • View Profile
    • Koveras.net
« Reply #93 on: February 03, 2007, 06:27:54 PM »
I think this is going to wind up waaaay crazier than MADLAX.  Just a guess...

Oh, sure, if they keep the scrap-the-realism tendency up, it is. %) I have a feeling I'm gonna love it... But then, aren't we all? %)

janus

• True Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 04, 2007, 05:33:41 PM »
Yep, we are going to love it.  I hope for a mysterious plot that actually leaves you in knots and stitches (laughing).  I want a dark mysterious spaghetti western  mmmm.... pasta .... Madlax ....   
What am I supposed to say...Mireille, I would love for you to shoot me in the head, anytime?

Koveras

• Crazy in the Head
  • DM
  • Deny everything
    • View Profile
    • Koveras.net
« Reply #95 on: February 05, 2007, 04:15:03 AM »
Hm... That's an interesting parallel you've noticed, janus. Say, if Leone has invented the spaghetti western genre, maybe Mashimo is gonna expand it to the epic pasta western? %)

janus

• True Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 06, 2007, 06:51:37 PM »
Well.... In Noir it was tea, In Madlax it was pasta especially spaghetti, so.....what will it be?  Beer, wine and other spirits?  Hamburgers?  Seafood?..... how about chili.....
What am I supposed to say...Mireille, I would love for you to shoot me in the head, anytime?

MartAnimE

• Portugoose
  • Administrator
  • This is Parta~!
    • View Profile
    • My teespring store!
« Reply #97 on: February 06, 2007, 08:13:50 PM »
 They actually had tea in both Noir and Madlax! Since El Cazador seems to take place in quite the hot climate, I suppose they could have iced tea... :P

Oh and "pasta western" sounds great btw, it should be trademarked! ;D

hayama

• True Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 06, 2007, 11:34:26 PM »
I'm so excited about this. There's never been a really tight community for me to rave about a series episode by episode with until now ;).

Anyone think that we could set up a way to watch the episode together? Like, we would designate a time for many of us to watch and discuss the episodes together while watching, posting in a chat or possibly in a community on Livejournal (it would probably be too many comments to fit in a thread in the forum). I know that sometimes anime watching can be a private thing, but would anyone be interested in doing that?

Koveras

• Crazy in the Head
  • DM
  • Deny everything
    • View Profile
    • Koveras.net
« Reply #99 on: February 07, 2007, 04:39:56 AM »
I wonder if they are gonna speak Nahuatl and Quechua in the series. %) I totally loved Nahuatl in RahXephon but hasn't heard anything like that ever since. :(

Anyone think that we could set up a way to watch the episode together? Like, we would designate a time for many of us to watch and discuss the episodes together while watching, posting in a chat or possibly in a community on Livejournal (it would probably be too many comments to fit in a thread in the forum).

Sorry, you must count me out, I'm a too privacy-loving for that... :(

Ombrenuit

• Wait and Hope
  • True Fan
  • Day Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 07, 2007, 09:24:32 AM »
Heh. Getting a group together for an IRC room?

nae

• Cute Evil Fan
  • True Fan
  • Taco taco tacosu
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 07, 2007, 02:30:01 PM »
Anyone think that we could set up a way to watch the episode together? Like, we would designate a time for many of us to watch and discuss the episodes together while watching, posting in a chat or possibly in a community on Livejournal (it would probably be too many comments to fit in a thread in the forum).

Sorry, you must count me out, I'm a too privacy-loving for that... :(

Too privacy-loving for which, Koveras?

As for ongoing discussions, I'm feeling that this forum is the best place for it. There's no time to think and properly theorize in chatrooms (at least that's my experience). We can, however, meet to shriek or something.  ;D  I expect the Animesuki forums will be talking about it too when the time comes: there'll probably be good less-fannish opinions there to read as well.

Okay.

MOON PHASE 雑記 is a trustworthy site, right? Because it says...

http://d.hatena.ne.jp/moonphase/20070207

> オープニング曲:「光の行方」savage genius
> エンディング曲:「romanesque」FictionJunction YUUKA
> エリス:清水愛
> ナディ:伊藤静
> ジョディ・ヘイワード:久川綾
> ダグラス・ローゼンバーグ:三宅健太
> エル・エー:宮野真守
> ハインツ・シュナイダー:三木眞一郎
> リカルド:立木文彦

moetron translated it:

* Opening Theme: “Hikari no Yukue” - savage genius
    * Closing Theme: “romanesque” - FictionJunction YUUKA
    * Ellis: (Shimizu Ai)
    * Nadi: (Itou Shizuka)
    * Jodie Hayward: (Hisakawa Aya)
    * Douglas Rosenberg: (Miyake Kenta)
    * L.A: (Miyano Mamoru)
    * Heinz Schneider: (Miki Shinichiro)
    * Ricardo: (Tachiki Fumihiko)

OMGOMGOMG -- will be more coherent later.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2007, 02:39:26 PM by fignae »

Koveras

• Crazy in the Head
  • DM
  • Deny everything
    • View Profile
    • Koveras.net
« Reply #102 on: February 07, 2007, 03:43:19 PM »
Too privacy-loving for which, Koveras?

For sharing my thoughts on an anime before they take their final form. :) Or listening to someone else's, for that matter. :)

MOON PHASE 雑記 is a trustworthy site, right? Because it says...

http://d.hatena.ne.jp/moonphase/20070207

Ok. Take a deep breath... Now.

It seems the BT guys HAVE been visiting our forum, after all. In case someone missed it, savage genius performed the ED of Simoun. Hmmmm...

Some links first:

Someone entered some info already on ANN, and Miyano Mamoru is this guy.

And now the comments:

Ellis: (Shimizu Ai)
Nadi: (Itou Shizuka)

Well, as we see, Kuwashima Houko was dismissed just like Kotono Mitsuishi (probably gonna appear in a episodic role again, though).

Jodie Hayward: (Hisakawa Aya)

...while Hisakawa is our Wedge Antilles-type seiyu and a GWG mascot, as it appears. %) You know, I somehow get this weird sorta idea of who is gonna voice that unlucky bounty hunter whom Nadi will pwn in the very first episode to save Ellis. ;)

Back on the issue of seiyus: Shimizu has been involved with My-Hime and My-Otome but other than that, I can't say anything specific. Itou, on the other hand, has my second favorite (after Tawaray/Touta) Roots character on her conscience, yay. %)

Douglas Rosenberg: (Miyake Kenta)

And here comes my VERY favorite character from Roots. %) As well as Tsume from Wolf's Rain...

L.A: (Miyano Mamoru)

"L.A."? Is it like, "Three-Speed"? =D Anyway, here is another Wolf's Rain connection - the guy voice Kiba. As well as Moondoggie in E7 and Tamaki in Ouran. Looking forward to hear from him. %)

Heinz Schneider: (Miki Shinichiro)

OMFG, they've actually got the world's second most prolific seiyu to voice a guy who is supposed to have been killed long before the action starts? Talk about obvious story clues. =) Miki voiced Crim in SIGN, Shannon Casull in Sutepri, Allen Schezar in Escaflowne (cough, check my avatar btw...), Tetsu in Saikano (they only impressive guy in the show), and God only knows what else...

Ricardo: (Tachiki Fumihiko)

Khm, Luciano?.. Wait. The guy voiced Gendou. Oh. My. God. And an awful lot of roles in various Gundams, as well. This is gonna be one helluva ride.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2007, 03:48:26 PM by Koveras »

Fellini 8.5

• Film Snob
  • ASA NISI MASA
    • View Profile
    • Kineska
« Reply #103 on: February 07, 2007, 03:47:55 PM »
Ooh, thanks for this, Fignae!!   ;D

* Jodie Hayward: (Hisakawa Aya)
From Chloe to Rimelda to Jodie...   8)

...Otherwise, there's something missing...    :-\

(crackpot theory about that to follow later...)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2007, 05:56:46 PM by Fellini 8.5 »
Fellini 8.5
kineska.blogspot.com -- Cinema, soapbox, music & musings
www.beetrainfan.org -- Noir, Madlax, .hack, El Cazador & much more!

Matrim

• True Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 07, 2007, 05:06:10 PM »
Talk about coincidence - I opened the thread in order to post a question when the seiyuu cast will be known and I see it has been posted today. :)

Itou Shizuka! Oh, yes! Hisakawa Aya! Hell, yeah.
Savage Genius for the OP? Ah, well, if it cannot be FictionJunction then this is a very good choice.

Itou, on the other hand, has my second favorite (after Tawaray/Touta) Roots character on her conscience, yay.

Itou is great in Asatte no Houkou and in Maria-sama ga Miteru, IMO. Of course, even not counting my Noir bias, Kuwashima Houko and Mitsuishi Kotono are not names whose achievements can be matched easily to put it mildly but I think the new cast is quite capable to come close. Miyano Mamoru's performance in Death Note and Ouran is spectacular.

OMFG, they've actually got the world's second most prolific seiyu

If he is the second then who is the first then? :)
I am the pain when you touch the truth.