Author Topic: The third series announced!!! "El Cazador"  (Read 94870 times)

nae

• Cute Evil Fan
  • True Fan
  • Taco taco tacosu
    • View Profile
Re: The third series announced!!! "El Cazador"
« Reply #165 on: February 26, 2007, 07:20:24 AM »
The OP, "Hikari no Yukue" by savage genius, now has a release date: May 16th 2007.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=VICL-36611

hayama

• True Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 04, 2007, 10:57:07 AM »
Anyone have any exciting plans for watching the show? I'm probably going to watch at least the first few episodes of it back to back with the corresponding episodes of the other series in the girls-with-guns trilogy. 

Ombrenuit

• Wait and Hope
  • True Fan
  • Day Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 04, 2007, 12:35:42 PM »
Anyone have any exciting plans for watching the show? I'm probably going to watch at least the first few episodes of it back to back with the corresponding episodes of the other series in the girls-with-guns trilogy. 

That reminds me when I was a little kid. I remember the third Alladin movie was being released and my sister and I were planning an entire day to watch all three and all sorts of activities to correspond to it ^^;

Suffice to say, we got bored pretty quickly. Ever since I've never done anything like that ^^; I'll just watch it as I would a normal series. I'll be excited, but I won't treat it that differently.

MartAnimE

• Portugoose
  • Administrator
  • This is Parta~!
    • View Profile
    • My teespring store!
  • Favorite Series: Madlax
« Reply #168 on: March 04, 2007, 02:15:12 PM »
 Heh, I think we should all watch it after a pasta dinner, with the lights turned off to appreciate the moonlight, and drinking tea, of course! ;D

Teufel

• True Fan
  • My grunty's cooler than your grunty
    • View Profile
  • Favorite Series: .hack//SIGN
« Reply #169 on: March 05, 2007, 12:18:49 AM »
Depending on what "El Cazador" does with its western-ish setting I might have a Sergio Leone marathon. And if I get all my Bee Train anime orders in, maybe I'll have a huge Bee Train marathon before I watch the first fan subbed "El Cazador" episode.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 12:25:11 AM by Teufel »
"Make your point, Smee, before I make mine in your solar plexus."

Koveras

• Crazy in the Head
  • DM
  • Deny everything
    • View Profile
    • Koveras.net
« Reply #170 on: March 06, 2007, 10:34:51 AM »
Story and News on the official site have been updated. :D Basically, there is a trailer and summaries of the first two episodes (the first is nothing new, in the second, Nadi and Ellis will try to get a decent job but fail miserably). The is something about "Victor Spring Magazine" on the news which I'm not sure was there before. Can someone translate that part?

Ok, comments on the topic... Now, even I ain't sure I like where this is heading. Fine, the first episode summary sounds like something we could expect from makers of Noir and Madlax. But the second is a bit... mainstream? Two cute girls trying to get a job in the restaurant but failing because the evil proprietor Frieda (she's German, too) doesn't like the fact that one of them is carrying a gun. Duh.

On the bright side, I'm sure something like that could have been written about any given Margaret-only episode. Exclude the incomprehensible parts with books and that jester Monday and you've got it. The devil's in the details.

Then, the trailer. The music is OK. I can't say it can go like this for some time without getting annoying but for a trailer it is fine. Oh well, now I have the nerve to speak about the real thing troubling me. WTF is up with Nadi? I mean, ain't she supposed to be the vigilante bounty hunter who absolutely cannot be the typical comic relief character? OK, fine, that final shot of her is awesome, taken directly from Madlax, but the rest? Ellis doesn't appear too impressive, either.

The only hope is that Mashimo is a huge tease (hey, we should really make it our community's motto!) and he deliberately cut all the good parts from the trailer, leaving only the final shot to keep us from disappointment. ^^

PS: Oh, and was that a one Euro coin Nadi tossed into Ellis' box?

PPS: And which body part does Ricardo use for cognitive processes, taking his stepdaughter with him on an assignment? Unless she is really one of the Saplings. OMG.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 11:05:52 AM by Koveras »

Matrim

• True Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 06, 2007, 11:33:22 AM »
How the heck one does open this trailer? I click on the link, it opens it in a new window and nothing happens...:(
I am the pain when you touch the truth.

Koveras

• Crazy in the Head
  • DM
  • Deny everything
    • View Profile
    • Koveras.net
« Reply #172 on: March 06, 2007, 11:37:12 AM »
How the heck one does open this trailer? I click on the link, it opens it in a new window and nothing happens...:(

I've uploaded the trailer to YouTube, it should become viewable within several minutes:

Matrim

• True Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 06, 2007, 12:26:20 PM »
Thanks!

On the bright side, I'm sure something like that could have been written about any given Margaret-only episode. Exclude the incomprehensible parts with books and that jester Monday and you've got it. The devil's in the details.

It's not as if exciting sounding plots are Bee Train's forte anyway. As you say you can retell some of Madlax's episode and make them seems absolute borefest. Or most .hack//SIGN  episodes.

I like the music of the trailer, it's quite Kajiurish. :) Nadj (or however her name is spelt) gives the impression of being more imilar to the more relaxed approach of Madlax, rather than that of Mireille which is fine by me as long as it does not go to far. I want to see what happens to the idiot who slaps her butt, it might be indicative for the seriousness level of the show. And Ellis seems to excel in the blank stare so reminiscent of Margaret. But I never expect much from trailers anyway.

nae

• Cute Evil Fan
  • True Fan
  • Taco taco tacosu
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 06, 2007, 01:50:14 PM »
That's got me hopping up and down on one foot in sheer excitement.

I think it may be true that Bee Train is shooting for a more mainstream series this time. I mean, c'mon, an anime, manga, and radio show? Well, I wish it success.

edit: Whoops. Well, if you can't view the trailer, using a download manager still works.

The news item states that starting in March (that means it already has), the El Cazador radio show will air. As it begins before the animation, we may get to know more about the series through the radio program. The personalities are Shimizu Ai (Ellis) and Miyake Kenta (Rosenberg)... and those who might listen in can read the timings for themselves. ;D
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 01:55:04 PM by fignae »

Matrim

• True Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 06, 2007, 02:23:37 PM »
So, no high-res version of the trailer, fignae (I see you have edited your post)? I looked and looked for it but no luck. Just a high-res version of some stupid show talking about Tokimeki Memorial if I am not mistaken. :)

nae

• Cute Evil Fan
  • True Fan
  • Taco taco tacosu
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 06, 2007, 02:36:47 PM »
Yup, nothing. "B" seems to represent the highest-res they have, too....

Seriously, I'd love anyone who can get their hands on a copy of that radio show. :-\ I'm not familiar with the world of peercast.

MartAnimE

• Portugoose
  • Administrator
  • This is Parta~!
    • View Profile
    • My teespring store!
« Reply #177 on: March 06, 2007, 02:40:41 PM »
 I liked the music, it sounded exciting! :)

Hmm... I guess Ellis either killed someone or witnessed someone get killed... But gah, she's blond, it's just not the same! She's like... chibi Mireille! ^^;

Nadi looks kinda silly and "comic relief", and way too relaxed to be a bounty hunter (even more so than Madlax I would say), but she's probably amazingly skilled and turns into serious kickass mode when in action... I hope so at least! ^^

PS: Oh, and was that a one Euro coin Nadi tossed into Ellis' box?

Looked like it to me too, though judging from the setting location I would say it's very unlikely...

And who the heck was that shadowy figure hiding in the rooftop? How very suspicious...

I want to see what happens to the idiot who slaps her butt

That was so fanservice (at least according to Bee-Train standarts)! ^^; The funny face she did after that was kinda amusing, though I'm not sure if it was the reaction to being slapped on the butt or to something else. Remember trailers are ambiguous! They edit the scenes in a manipulative way to give us a certain idea of the show that might be very different from the real thing! Oh right... I almost forgot, "Mashimo is a huge tease"... :P

Oh that part at the end, when Nadi draws her gun, it really reminded me of "Kino" from "Kino no Tabi" for some weird reason! (btw did someone added that series to the GwG list yet?)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 02:48:36 PM by MartAnimE »

Koveras

• Crazy in the Head
  • DM
  • Deny everything
    • View Profile
    • Koveras.net
« Reply #178 on: March 06, 2007, 02:59:48 PM »
And who the heck was that shadowy figure hiding in the rooftop? How very suspicious...

I'd say that was L.A. He is the only one after Ellis who is described as "mysterious". ^^

Oh that part at the end, when Nadi draws her gun, it really reminded me of "Kino" from "Kino no Tabi" for some weird reason! (btw did someone added that series to the GwG list yet?)

No, but you are more than welcome to suggest it. ;)

Btw, what's with that pendant that Jodie wears? It looks like Hitomi's in Escaflowne. ^^

Mihura

• ~(^o^~)
  • True Fan
  • (~^o^)~
    • View Profile
    • http://animemore.blogspot.com/
« Reply #179 on: March 06, 2007, 04:05:28 PM »
hahahaha I love the trailer, it’s exactly what a picture the anime to be, am not disappoint with nothing, I was already convincing myself since the bishoujo manga that El Cazador was going to be more or less funny.

So we have the typical murder flashback and euros lol isn't that suppose to be in Europe strange and Nadi really did seem like Madlax in that last shoot and for Ellis well she can do card tricks I surely didn’t see that coming lol. Lirio and Ricardo remember me a lot of Coyote Ragtime Show.

That slap in the butt OMG that was so bad I laugh so hard, I mean I really didn't expect to go so far, this definitely seem more light them Noir and Madlax if was not for the flashback.

But there is still hope because I saw the trailer that ADV make of Madlax and it gave the wrong idea about the show or Mashimo is like Kojima and want to trick us with the trailer.

Btw, what's with that pendant that Jodie wears? It looks like Hitomi's in Escaflowne. ^^

yap I notice that to.