Author Topic: "Le Grande Rewatch"  (Read 12541 times)

Fellini 8.5

• Film Snob
  • ASA NISI MASA
    • View Profile
    • Kineska
"Le Grande Rewatch"
« on: March 19, 2007, 06:43:46 PM »
So Section 8's "catching up" with MADLAX has me realizing that it's not only been months since I last watched MADLAX, but it's been at least as many months since I watched Noir! (I was too sick to have a "Noir Year's Eve")

I'm thinkin' I need to catch up before "El Cazador" starts.  Or at least before I get my mitts on the first raw...    ;D

But, with 14 discs, there's only... *looks up* 12 days to get crackin' on that.  If I take some well-needed vacation time, I might be able to marathon them over about 4 or so (my days of all-nighters are near an end, sadly...).

Anyone else feeling the urge to overindulge a little?  Perhaps a mini "virtual" marathon for the last couple of discs of each?  Not necessarily real-time in-synch, what with our far-flung global empire we have here. :)

Fellini 8.5
kineska.blogspot.com -- Cinema, soapbox, music & musings
www.beetrainfan.org -- Noir, Madlax, .hack, El Cazador & much more!

janus

• True Fan
    • View Profile
Re: "Le Grande Rewatch"
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 07:38:05 PM »
>raise hand> guilty..... I need to rewatch both.  I know I am forgetting things.....  >>gets out bullet proof vest for protection>  looks over shoulder> no Mireille or Kirika... good nor Madlax or Ludmelda.....
What am I supposed to say...Mireille, I would love for you to shoot me in the head, anytime?

UNtrue Noir

• Sexy Jodie Extremist
  • True Fan
  • SHOCKU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 09:19:57 PM »
I'm in! I'll get the popcorn ready. :D
What am I supposed to say? 'Hi my name is Jodie, I like watching sunsets, taking long walks on the beach, oh and I'm smoking hot'?

Section_8

• Master of Grapes
  • True Fan
  • El Cazador Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2007, 12:53:51 AM »
I think I'll explode if I shotgun the last two volumes in one sitting, so I'll decline.
Three a.m. is a wonderful time / when the terrors of sound come alive.

I know not whence that came.

Koveras

• Crazy in the Head
  • DM
  • Deny everything
    • View Profile
    • Koveras.net
  • Favorite Series: Madlax
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2007, 03:28:19 AM »
I plead innocent because I've rewatched both Noir and Madlax within the past 2-3 month. ^^

Cyberia

• True Fan
    • View Profile
    • Anime Music Video
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2007, 08:18:27 AM »
I plead innocent because I've rewatched both Noir and Madlax within the past 2-3 month. ^^

Me too
.. le noir, ce mot designe depuis une epoque lointaine le nom du destin. les deux vierges regnent sur la mort. les mains noires protegent la paix des nouveaux-nes...

MartAnimE

• Portugoose
  • Administrator
  • This is Parta~!
    • View Profile
    • My teespring store!
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2007, 08:34:19 AM »
 I watch random episodes of Noir and Madlax all the time, but I guess I'm in for a full chronological rewatch, I kinda miss that! Besides, it's not like it gets boring or anything! ^^

Koveras

• Crazy in the Head
  • DM
  • Deny everything
    • View Profile
    • Koveras.net
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2007, 08:44:35 AM »
Besides, it's not like it gets boring or anything! ^^

Well, I'm afraid I'm gonna face lapidation for what I'm about to say but I actually perceived middle episodes of Noir as boring (e.g. caught myself skipping half an episode just to get to the interesting part) upon the latest rewatch... It must be because of Madlax, that was the first Noir rewatch since I've become a Madlax fan...

MartAnimE

• Portugoose
  • Administrator
  • This is Parta~!
    • View Profile
    • My teespring store!
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2007, 09:32:05 AM »
Well, I'm afraid I'm gonna face lapidation for what I'm about to say but I actually perceived middle episodes of Noir as boring (e.g. caught myself skipping half an episode just to get to the interesting part) upon the latest rewatch... It must be because of Madlax, that was the first Noir rewatch since I've become a Madlax fan...

I wonder why do you insist so much on your separatist views towards Noir and Madlax... They're not rival shows! They're like siblings! And "El Cazador" too! ^^ Of course, that said, you don't deserve lapidation for it ^^; and you're completely entitled to your opinion, obviously! :)

Koveras

• Crazy in the Head
  • DM
  • Deny everything
    • View Profile
    • Koveras.net
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2007, 09:50:45 AM »
I wonder why do you insist so much on your separatist views towards Noir and Madlax... They're not rival shows! They're like siblings! And "El Cazador" too! ^^

They are too much alike not to be rivals. :P Have you heard the term "sibling rivalry", by the way? ;) In any case, I can't perceive them as one because they are also quite different, it's not the case we have with .hacks. If two shows are comparable but do not share the same setting and plot premise, they are rivals, and the more comparable, the more bitter the rivalry. :P

trfanatic

• Noir-chotic
  • True Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/members_myprofile.php?user_id=533397
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2007, 01:38:32 PM »
I'm in. ...Sort of. I can probably get through all of Noir in this time limit.

Not Madlax, though. I still need volume 7 and more time to marathon that! ^^;

MartAnimE

• Portugoose
  • Administrator
  • This is Parta~!
    • View Profile
    • My teespring store!
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2007, 04:09:57 PM »
the more comparable, the more bitter the rivalry. :P

Well, I just have in my opinion that "bitter rivalry" shouldn't be encouraged in any way, specially not between two shows made by the same people and whose similarities are completely intentional. Besides, in a Bee-Train Fan forum as it is, I just don't think it's wise, pleasant or constructive to encourage "Noir fans VS Madlax fans" separatism. Just my opinion, of course! :)

My point is, there's no need to create "pro-noir" or "pro-madlax" subgroups I think... ^^; We're all Bee Train fans here! And we're all in the same boat! ^^

nae

• Cute Evil Fan
  • True Fan
  • Taco taco tacosu
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2007, 04:18:24 PM »
I'm currently vrooming through Madlax for the (you heard right) first time -- episode 16 now! I got sucked in at 11 or so, and now I'm honoured to be able to finish such a wonderful series, finally.

Maybe we could rewatch, like, the last 5 eps of each. Or for the brave ones, 13. The halfway point is good.

Teufel

• True Fan
  • My grunty's cooler than your grunty
    • View Profile
  • Favorite Series: .hack//SIGN
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2007, 11:51:47 PM »
Actually I started a Le Grande Rewatch in the early hours of the morning, but it's not just Girls With Guns, it's all the Bee Train anime I've seen and bought. I'm two discs into ".hack//SIGN" and then it's onto "Noir", "Madlax", and then "Avenger."

It won't leave much time for sleep, but It's gonna be a fun. ;D
"Make your point, Smee, before I make mine in your solar plexus."

Koveras

• Crazy in the Head
  • DM
  • Deny everything
    • View Profile
    • Koveras.net
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2007, 04:00:30 AM »
My point is, there's no need to create "pro-noir" or "pro-madlax" subgroups I think... ^^; We're all Bee Train fans here! And we're all in the same boat! ^^

Yeah, but that doesn't change the fact that I like Madlax more. :P