Author Topic: A new El Cazador trailer?  (Read 17455 times)

Fellini 8.5

• Film Snob
  • ASA NISI MASA
    • View Profile
    • Kineska
A new El Cazador trailer?
« on: March 20, 2007, 11:25:27 AM »
I'm in the office today, so I can't explore this or YouTube...  Is this a 2nd trailer?
http://www.jvcmusic.co.jp/m-serve/elcazador/asx/v-01135B.asx?elcazador

It was subtley added to the icon on the main page of the official site...
Fellini 8.5
kineska.blogspot.com -- Cinema, soapbox, music & musings
www.beetrainfan.org -- Noir, Madlax, .hack, El Cazador & much more!

Matrim

• True Fan
    • View Profile
Re: A new El Cazador trailer?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 12:03:27 PM »
It sure is a new trailer, though my crappy Internet connection shows me mainly still frames for half of it...

EDIT: The youtube version appeared - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwmKtwAMyjg

Nadi seems to be quite proficient in martial arts and Ellis jumps high like a Red Garden character. :)  Nadi's grimace of outrage which looked like a consequnce of the slap on the butt now is shown right after Ellis touches a wound on her arm. Mashimo is a tease, indeed.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 12:36:13 PM by Matrim »
I am the pain when you touch the truth.

Ombrenuit

• Wait and Hope
  • True Fan
  • Day Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 12:35:34 PM »
Here's a link:

I'm really excited about the OST, it sounds like it will be great. Also it seems we have a taste for some of Ellis's super powers. Superhuman leaps and healing magic? hmm...
« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 12:38:48 PM by Ombrenuit »

Koveras

• Crazy in the Head
  • DM
  • Deny everything
    • View Profile
    • Koveras.net
  • Favorite Series: Madlax
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2007, 01:12:46 PM »
Yay, way better than the first one! Ellis is a freaking Force sensitive, I always knew it'd come to this. ;D I think I'm gradually starting to love the series. ^^

It was subtley added to the icon on the main page of the official site...

Damn, I should clear my browser cache every time I visit that site... No wonder I didn't notice it. :(

EDIT: The youtube version appeared

That guy's got no style. First, you don't put "anime" into a trailer heading, second, it's even more uncool to put your site's name there... The former belongs to the tags, and the latter - in the description. Sheesh... I'll have to negotiate with him to pass this one as a video response to my upload, though.

Nadi seems to be quite proficient in martial arts

Yeah, but Madlax's moves were... more visually appealing. ^^;

and Ellis jumps high like a Red Garden character. :)

She's a Jedi! A Fallen One, perhaps...

Mashimo is a tease, indeed.

*chanting* Vote, vote, vote, vote... *fluffs* MiaHT, MiaHT, MiaHT... XD

Here's a link:

Damn, they've doubled it (and the first one, too)... That's what happens when someone has too much time on their hands and too little... hmmm... patience to get familiar with common search engines and use them properly...

Me, I like it all secure centralized. Planned economy forever. ^^;

I'm really excited about the OST, it sounds like it will be great.

Yeah, I was totally enthralled by the theme that plays in the beginning... It's them flutes... *mesmerized*

Also it seems we have a taste for some of Ellis's super powers.

I hope she's got more than that up her sleeves but even if not, it's still enough to make a good sci-fi/fantasy setting... However, the biggest trick in any sci-fi/fantasy story is to avoid getting too much into detail and switch from telling about people to telling about future science and magic (which don't exist - yet and alas, respectively - anyway). The sci-fi and fantasy genres' main appeal lies in their ability to "refine" stories, stripping them off any distracting real world references and instead concentrate completely on timeless themes and topics. Which doesn't mean that futuristic or mystical elements don't contribute to a story at all, of course, woe betide those authors who include them but not use up their potential. They just mustn't put the main thing - that is, people and their problems - to the background, that is all.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 01:15:58 PM by Koveras »

MartAnimE

• Portugoose
  • Administrator
  • This is Parta~!
    • View Profile
    • My teespring store!
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2007, 04:40:52 PM »
 Neat! ;D ;D ;D

I liked the new musical bit at the beginning!

I loved how it showed [NOIR] and [MADLAX] among those Japanese credits at the start! It just made me feel really excited for some reason! ^^

I liked Jodie's expression, it was kinda silly and amusing! ^^;

Nadie likes to kick things... and she's good at it! :D

My favorite part though, was what they showed of Ellis! That flashback scene where she finds Schneider dead in the ground looks kinda powerful. And WOW!!! That's some crazy jumping ability! :o I guess that's what witch DNA does to a person... :P

janus

• True Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2007, 07:34:51 PM »
Avenger ---- El Cazador --- Genetic engineering - Nanotechnology?
What am I supposed to say...Mireille, I would love for you to shoot me in the head, anytime?

Koveras

• Crazy in the Head
  • DM
  • Deny everything
    • View Profile
    • Koveras.net
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2007, 02:30:32 AM »
That flashback scene where she finds Schneider dead in the ground looks kinda powerful.

I'd really be interested in the reason why all those glass windows started breaking all of a sudden: is that because Ellis' powers got out of control due to her grief or because someone tried killing her, too, from the outside?

Nanotechnology?

She's a Crusnik, too. :P

MartAnimE

• Portugoose
  • Administrator
  • This is Parta~!
    • View Profile
    • My teespring store!
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2007, 01:06:32 PM »
I'd really be interested in the reason why all those glass windows started breaking all of a sudden: is that because Ellis' powers got out of control due to her grief or because someone tried killing her, too, from the outside?

Hmm, my guess would be, either her powers got out of control and she accidentally broke all the windows and killed Schneider or, someone tried to kill Ellis from the outside and Schneider got killed trying to protect her.

Of course each option completely changes the position of the organization chasing Ellis. If she really killed Schneider they're just trying to bring her to justice, while if she was framed then that makes them official bad guys!

Either way, I don't think Ellis is guilty, she looked way too much shocked over Schneider's body to have caused it intentionally, besides there's that "affection" thing between the two that we've seen on the character's relationship chart, but who knows...

Also, I think Nadie decides to help Ellis instead of capturing her because she deduces she's not guilty aswell.

Koveras

• Crazy in the Head
  • DM
  • Deny everything
    • View Profile
    • Koveras.net
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2007, 04:32:23 PM »
Either way, I don't think Ellis is guilty, she looked way too much shocked over Schneider's body to have caused it intentionally, besides there's that "affection" thing between the two that we've seen on the character's relationship chart, but who knows...

Well, I also don't think Schneider is really dead... Not only is he listed as one of the central characters everywhere but he is also voiced by Crim's seiyu and Crim has been rather prominent in SIGN - it'd be a waste to use Miki's voice on a guy who dies in the premise. Unless they get really unorthodox and make a dead guy play a prominent role in the series in flashbacks or something, although I really can't imagine that...

MartAnimE

• Portugoose
  • Administrator
  • This is Parta~!
    • View Profile
    • My teespring store!
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2007, 04:46:58 PM »
Well, I also don't think Schneider is really dead... Not only is he listed as one of the central characters everywhere but he is also voiced by Crim's seiyu and Crim has been rather prominent in SIGN - it'd be a waste to use Miki's voice on a guy who dies in the premise. Unless they get really unorthodox and make a dead guy play a prominent role in the series in flashbacks or something, although I really can't imagine that...

Your right, he's probably not dead, but I think they'll just reveal that later on in the series, at least to the main characters. So maybe Schneider survived whatever Ellis though had killed him, or his death was a set up too...

Matrim

• True Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2007, 05:01:13 PM »
Unless they get really unorthodox and make a dead guy play a prominent role in the series in flashbacks or something, although I really can't imagine that...

Well, if someone does that it will be Mashimo, we all know he loves flashbacks. ;D

I just had a crazy idea:

Spoiler: Noir and Madlax's endings • show
In Noir little Kirika was the murderer in the flashback scene with Mireille's parents. In Madlax it was little Madlax who killed Margaret's dad. So if Schneider is dead maybe little Lirio killed him?
I am the pain when you touch the truth.

Fellini 8.5

• Film Snob
  • ASA NISI MASA
    • View Profile
    • Kineska
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2007, 05:29:05 PM »
Y'know what?  That's not Ellis looking at Schneider...

I know these are kind of crappy, but see the hair in the first shot?  And the overall figure in shilouette...  it's real hard to tell. But it's Nadi, I think. 

The hair's different on this one:

...which is either actually from the same sequence as the beginning, or a different sequence which makes this one Ellis' flashback.

And that little blob on the letter in the first sequence? Is that a piece of jewelry?  Like this:

Hmm, doesn't quite look it.  But is that the "Inca Rose"?  Or is this:

Either way, is Ellis saying:

..."Winay Marka"  ?

Then finally...  Anyone see the movie "Idiocracy" yet?   :D

I think the physics of that last kick are a bit too farcical, but overall, it seems like the humor isn't exceeding "Cowboy Bebop" in terms of excessive cliche.  And just the way the poor guy hunched over...  "OMB!"   :D

Fellini 8.5

MartAnimE

• Portugoose
  • Administrator
  • This is Parta~!
    • View Profile
    • My teespring store!
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2007, 05:59:58 PM »
 Nice call for a conspiracy theory Fellini! ;D But if that was indeed Nadie in the flashback, wouldn't she have to be some years younger? She is a bit taller than that. I was under the impression that Ellis is on the run recently at the beginning of the series, so Schneider's murder would have to be recent too (though we really have no information regarding that).

So it doesn't make much sense unless... Nadie is somehow related to Schneider (maybe she's his real daughter) and Ellis (his failed genetic experiment) did murder him indeed, out of jealousy (for his real daughter), some years ago. And then they both repressed their memories to an extent, and Ellis has been on the run ever since, while Nadie has become a bounty hunter to hunt down her father's murderer?! ^^;

But couldn't Ellis have just changed her hairstyle to avoid being recognized as the suspect of murder she is...? :P

I just had a crazy idea:

Spoiler: Noir and Madlax's endings • show
In Noir little Kirika was the murderer in the flashback scene with Mireille's parents. In Madlax it was little Madlax who killed Margaret's dad. So if Schneider is dead maybe little Lirio killed him?

Spoiler: show
 Wait, wouldn't that sort of logic (one of the main characters kills the other one's parents/parent) imply that Nadie is the one who killed Schneider on that flashback scene? In Mireille's case it were both her parents and brother, in Margaret's case just her father, so in El Cazador it would be Ellis' "foster parent" or "father figure"... or maybe it's like the wild speculation above and Schneider is Nadie's real father and Ellis killed him... ^^; But how would Lirio be related to it?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 06:12:01 PM by MartAnimE »

Fellini 8.5

• Film Snob
  • ASA NISI MASA
    • View Profile
    • Kineska
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2007, 07:13:30 PM »
I should have put that if it is in fact Nadi, then it's not Schneider's body that we're looking at either....   :o

Something tragic in her past too, as I seem to recall.
Fellini 8.5

Fellini 8.5

• Film Snob
  • ASA NISI MASA
    • View Profile
    • Kineska
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2007, 07:48:08 PM »
For comparison's sake (and to test out a new plugin...  ;D )

The first:
[yt=425,350]O9d90Zhza28[/yt]

The second:
[yt=425,350]dwmKtwAMyjg[/yt]

Fellini 8.5