Author Topic: A new El Cazador trailer?  (Read 17454 times)

Matrim

• True Fan
    • View Profile
Re: A new El Cazador trailer?
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2007, 07:49:05 PM »
Spoiler: show
 Wait, wouldn't that sort of logic (one of the main characters kills the other one's parents/parent) imply that Nadie is the one who killed Schneider on that flashback scene? In Mireille's case it were both her parents and brother, in Margaret's case just her father, so in El Cazador it would be Ellis' "foster parent" or "father figure"... or maybe it's like the wild speculation above and Schneider is Nadie's real father and Ellis killed him... ^^; But how would Lirio be related to it?

I didn't mean the repetition of the "killing of the other main character's relatives" theme, I meant that in Noir and Madlax this was done by little girls. The only little girl (unless it's a gilry looking boy, that is:)) that we know of in El Cazador is Lirio. Ergo, I suspect her of murdering Schneider.

And Fellini is correct that this really does not seem to be Ellis looking at the dead body. If it was Nadi though, would this have been shown in the trailer? If yes, it will probably be established early on in the series that Nadi has been there and another way will be found to misguide the viewers. :)
I am the pain when you touch the truth.

MartAnimE

• Portugoose
  • Administrator
  • This is Parta~!
    • View Profile
    • My teespring store!
  • Favorite Series: Madlax
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2007, 08:18:57 PM »

I didn't mean the repetition of the "killing of the other main character's relatives" theme, I meant that in Noir and Madlax this was done by little girls. The only little girl (unless it's a gilry looking boy, that is:)) that we know of in El Cazador is Lirio. Ergo, I suspect her of murdering Schneider.

Ah, but both Kirika and Madlax, were only little girls at the time of commiting the murders. Usually there's a time gap between the murder flashback and the actual series timeline. So if we assume Schneider's murder took place some time ago, Lirio wouldn't have even be born probably... on the other hand, Schneider's murder seems recent, but I really don't believe Lirio could be related to it at all.

Koveras

• Crazy in the Head
  • DM
  • Deny everything
    • View Profile
    • Koveras.net
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2007, 02:53:45 AM »
Y'know what?  That's not Ellis looking at Schneider...

Actually, have you notice the wanted poster hanging in Rosenberg's office? ::) AFAIK Nadie 's not the one who is wanted by CIA...

I think the physics of that last kick are a bit too farcical,

Well, we are talking about Spaghetti Westerns here, which admittedly have their troubles with physics. :)

I should have put that if it is in fact Nadi, then it's not Schneider's body that we're looking at either....   :o Something tragic in her past too, as I seem to recall.

That is correct but still, I don't think we're gonna see any of Nadi's past until much later in the series whereas the thing with Ellis and Schneider was revealed in the very first unofficial announcement. :)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 02:59:34 AM by Koveras »

MartAnimE

• Portugoose
  • Administrator
  • This is Parta~!
    • View Profile
    • My teespring store!
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2007, 04:20:43 AM »
Actually, have you notice the wanted poster hanging in Rosenberg's office? ::) AFAIK Nadie 's not the one who is wanted by CIA...

Yeah, I noticed too, she probably just changed her hair not to be so easilly recognized... BTW, has Rosenberg been throwing darts at Ellis' poster? ^^; It was placed right next to the darts target too! :P

Koveras

• Crazy in the Head
  • DM
  • Deny everything
    • View Profile
    • Koveras.net
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2007, 04:35:33 AM »
Yeah, I noticed too, she probably just changed her hair not to be so easilly recognized...

That's the most feasible explanation IMO. :)

BTW, has Rosenberg been throwing darts at Ellis' poster? ^^; It was placed right next to the darts target too! :P

Wow, he is a poor shot. ^^;

Fellini 8.5

• Film Snob
  • ASA NISI MASA
    • View Profile
    • Kineska
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2007, 07:31:27 AM »
I don't have a screencap handy, but you catch a quick closeup of the picture that Nadi shows Ellis, and Ellis' hair in that picture is still very, very blonde.

It's the past, it's Nadi, and that's not Schneider.  :)

Fellini 8.5
kineska.blogspot.com -- Cinema, soapbox, music & musings
www.beetrainfan.org -- Noir, Madlax, .hack, El Cazador & much more!

Koveras

• Crazy in the Head
  • DM
  • Deny everything
    • View Profile
    • Koveras.net
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2007, 08:07:28 AM »
It's the past, it's Nadi, and that's not Schneider.  :)

Unless you have some hidden interview with Mashimo we don't know about yet, that's an IMO, I presume. ;)

Koveras

• Crazy in the Head
  • DM
  • Deny everything
    • View Profile
    • Koveras.net
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2007, 02:04:57 AM »
Here's a commercial I've found on YouTube. :)

[yt=425,350]YBurc1HzvHo[/yt]

We finally get to hear the protagonists' voices. :)

nae

• Cute Evil Fan
  • True Fan
  • Taco taco tacosu
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2007, 03:00:30 AM »
Argh!! The protagonists' voices surprised me!

LOL.

Need to hear more from Itou Shizuka as Nadi.

Matrim

• True Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2007, 07:53:01 AM »
I was surprised, too. Itou Shizuka sounds great, really fits the image I have about the character. Ellis' voice seems subdued but not annoyingly moe subdued. I hope I am making any sense and I am not just raving because of wishful thinking.  ;D

MartAnimE

• Portugoose
  • Administrator
  • This is Parta~!
    • View Profile
    • My teespring store!
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2007, 03:58:45 PM »
 I think Nadie's voice is perfect! ;D It just seems to suit her character so well!

Ellis' voice seems subdued but not annoyingly moe subdued. I hope I am making any sense and I am not just raving because of wishful thinking.  ;D

Heh, I was actually surprised by Ellis voice, cuz it sounds much more moe than I had imagined! I mean, almost as in a "neko mimi mode" kind of way... ^^; But oh well, heck, it's kinda cute! ^^ I wouldn't call it annoying at all, though it sounds way more moe than both Kirika and Margaret voices, in my opinion.

BTW, can anyone please translate what they're saying? ^^;

Matrim

• True Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2007, 06:58:57 PM »
Heh, I was actually surprised by Ellis voice, cuz it sounds much more moe than I had imagined!

Well, I tend to expect the worst, so that's not surprising. :) But let's not make much of the promo, sometimes seiyuus sound a lot different in promos, previews and bonus materials than in the actual series. In other words, what happens when things get dramatic for the character, not just them cracking jokes.

As for what they are saying, I can only get that they intend to travel south to the "eternal place". And maybe I got even that wrong...:)

Fellini 8.5

• Film Snob
  • ASA NISI MASA
    • View Profile
    • Kineska
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2007, 07:10:29 PM »
Well, "Winay Marka" is essentially "Eternal City", so that's probably quite right. :)
Fellini 8.5
kineska.blogspot.com -- Cinema, soapbox, music & musings
www.beetrainfan.org -- Noir, Madlax, .hack, El Cazador & much more!

MartAnimE

• Portugoose
  • Administrator
  • This is Parta~!
    • View Profile
    • My teespring store!
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2007, 07:49:43 PM »
Well, I tend to expect the worst, so that's not surprising. :)

Well, generally speaking, that's a good attitude I think, I expect the worse too, but I also hope for the best! ^^ But of course it's hard for me to expect the worse when we're talking about the third chapter on the girls-with-guns trilogy! ^^; Of course that said, I'm not disappointed at all with Ellis voice, like I mentioned before, it sounds kinda cute. And you're right, this isn't even actual parts of the dialogue from the episodes, but a promo, and usually everything sounds more lighthearted in promos than in the actual show...

BTW, I think Ellis says "Winay Marka" somewhere in the trailer...

Koveras

• Crazy in the Head
  • DM
  • Deny everything
    • View Profile
    • Koveras.net
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2007, 01:34:36 AM »
BTW, I think Ellis says "Winay Marka" somewhere in the trailer...

Indeed. :) Right after Nadi says something about "eien no bashou", Ellis comments "Winay Marka" (about 0:17 sec on the counter). :)