Author Topic: Champion RED El Cazador scans  (Read 10933 times)

Fellini 8.5

• Film Snob
  • ASA NISI MASA
    • View Profile
    • Kineska
Champion RED El Cazador scans
« on: March 20, 2007, 06:16:00 PM »
Makoto posts scans from Champion RED, and I find one more from their site...

Makoto seems to mention something about nudity or something, but I really don't get a good sense of it from the Google translation.  :P

He has the link to Amazon.jp to order it; it's about $5 US, but it costs about $30 to ship it here because they discontinued their "economy" option.  So now I've got to see just how desperate I am...   :-\

(if anyone sees a scan or scanlation in the meantime...   ;))
Fellini 8.5
kineska.blogspot.com -- Cinema, soapbox, music & musings
www.beetrainfan.org -- Noir, Madlax, .hack, El Cazador & much more!

MartAnimE

• Portugoose
  • This is Parta~!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
  • Favorite Series: Madlax
Re: Champion RED El Cazador scans
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 06:30:11 PM »
 Ah, Nadie likes to kick things in the manga too! ;D Must be her thing. ^^

As for the nudity stuff... I sure hope, if it is indeed present in the manga, that it doesn't  get unusually out of hand, bordering fanservice... :-\

Hmm, I think I would like to at least sample it (if possible in english) before even considering ordering it... ^^;

janus

• True Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 07:38:08 PM »
I agree, nudity has a place if it is key to the story line.
What am I supposed to say...Mireille, I would love for you to shoot me in the head, anytime?

Matrim

• True Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2007, 07:55:51 PM »
It seems there is furigana to help read the kanji so if I somehow find a scan I might be able to get at least something of what the characters are saying. :)
I suspect Makoto was asking rhetorically whether there will be nudity in the anime too.
I am the pain when you touch the truth.

Koveras

• Crazy in the Head
  • DM
  • Deny everything
    • View Profile
    • Koveras.net
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2007, 02:42:18 AM »

She's probably like a Capoeira expert or something. ^^

MartAnimE

• Portugoose
  • This is Parta~!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2007, 01:09:02 PM »

She's probably like a Capoeira expert or something. ^^

Well I noticed her kicks were kinda characteristic too, so she must at least have some sort of personal technique.

Koveras

• Crazy in the Head
  • DM
  • Deny everything
    • View Profile
    • Koveras.net
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2007, 04:45:41 PM »
Well, from what I saw, she avoids leaving the ground when performing her kicks - i.e. one foot always stays down although she can use both to fight. Also, she keeps her arms close to her torso, beneath that semi-cloak of hers (whatever it's called technically) even when bending her body extremely to the side. Basically, she strives to move as little as possible to not give the enemy a chance to identify and intercept the incoming strike. Ruthlessly effective, I'd say. :)

MartAnimE

• Portugoose
  • This is Parta~!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2007, 04:55:51 PM »
 Heh, I wonder if it's that intentional or just Nadie's crazy freestyle... ^^;

nae

• Cute Evil Fan
  • True Fan
  • Taco taco tacosu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2007, 01:08:25 PM »
You can find Chapter 1's images here.

Or, because I'm afraid for dear Yamibo's bandwidth, download it: [YSI][Megaupload]

Warning: female nudity, no sex, some violence. ;) Oh, and you may be spoilt for the anime if you read the manga....

Spoiler: Summary of ch 1 • show
Nadi appears to be going around looking for Ellis using a photo. She finds her and Ellis denies that it's her. Nadi points out that she has a reward on her head, dead or alive. In the meantime, they find themselves surrounded by thugs. Nadi performs some fancy moves to subdue the men, but when she turns around, Ellis has already started to fly away.

The next scene has Nadi asking someone about her luck, particularly her luck with money. The person opposite turns out to be the old woman Ellis calls Grandma. She tells Nadi that, like Ellis, she has an unusual destiny, that her life will be hard. But her eventual fate, whether she will end up happy or not, depends on herself. Grandma concludes that she might be able to leave Ellis to Nadi. Ellis seems to have something she has to do in the south, but she has been unable to leave the old lady behind. Grandma requests that Nadi protect Ellis.

They meet the bounty hunters again. Ellis realizes that she can't return home anymore. She says that everyone's targeting her because she's a killer. Nadi then introduces herself. Ellis stares. An embarrassed Nadi admits that it was very sudden. Before they can say anything else, however, there is an explosion, and Ellis becomes worried about Grandma. She flies off again, leaving Nadi on a rooftop.

Ellis gets herself surrounded by the bounty hunters, with a gun at the back of her head. Nadi arrives, kicks butt, but stops at the sight of the gun. She is forced to strip to make sure she has no weapons hidden anywhere. Ellis (finally) asks why Nadi is doing this. Nadi says that she made a promise, that she promised Grandma that she would protect Ellis. At this, Ellis starts glowing, and basically fries everyone but the two of them. She begins to blame herself for it while clutching a stone, clearly her secret weapon of doom. A Voice speaks to her. It says that the stone will guide her to her destination.

And then, because I have a bad memory, I can only romanize "Weniaimaruka". Nadi translates it for us: "Eien no basho", The Forever Place. They repeat the word a few times so we can remember it. Ellis asks if they are really going together. Nadi says yes, but she wants Ellis to accompany her somewhere in return. (I think.) Nadi enthusiastically drives on. Ellis interrupts her to say that she's actually going north. Nadi: "No way!!"

[...to be continued in the June issue: would anyone read it if it's identifical to the anime?!]

I intended to write a short summary. It became a tiny bit longer than I expected, though most details are lacking. ^^; After all, I don't understand every single line. Snark crept in later. I am sorry. I could not help myself. :'(

I'll leave the action-sequence analyses to the rest of you.

Koveras

• Crazy in the Head
  • DM
  • Deny everything
    • View Profile
    • Koveras.net
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2007, 02:15:56 PM »
ZOMG, does Ellis BURN that guy's hand to ashes on page 25? :o My, I'd think ten times over before coming closer than 50 meters to her... Still, it can't even compare to what she does on 32-33. :scared: It's definitely the most explicitly violent scene I've seen so far with a Bee Train trademark on it...

Well, the bottom line is: if they avoid inheriting all that fanservice from the manga, it'll become one hell of a series from the beginning. :)

Matrim

• True Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2007, 10:29:12 PM »
Sweet, I actually got most of the characters' words without reading fignae's (very helpful) summary. Thank god for furigana and dictionaries. ;)

Spoiler: show
I didn't expect Ellis to be so freaking powerful. But on the other hand, it's better for her not to be just a damsel in distress which was what I expected her to be in the beginning. My anticipation level for the anime just went up yet another notch. I am even starting to like a lot the character designs which didn't look that good at first. I hope the anime starts in a similar fashion, so that I won't be much spoiled by reading the manga.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 10:34:34 PM by Matrim »

Fellini 8.5

• Film Snob
  • ASA NISI MASA
    • View Profile
    • Kineska
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2007, 10:36:23 PM »
Ooh, thanks for this; though I am sooo not going to read it until after I see episode one, at least.

You can also mirror it in the Gallery, or I figure I will either when I finally get to read it, or when I give in and take a peek anyhow (weak-minded one that I am when it comes to this...)
Fellini 8.5
kineska.blogspot.com -- Cinema, soapbox, music & musings
www.beetrainfan.org -- Noir, Madlax, .hack, El Cazador & much more!

Koveras

• Crazy in the Head
  • DM
  • Deny everything
    • View Profile
    • Koveras.net
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2007, 02:08:40 AM »
I didn't expect Ellis to be so freaking powerful. But on the other hand, it's better for her not to be just a damsel in distress which was what I expected her to be in the beginning.

I don't think she can control that power yet, though. Because just blowing everyone up is a bit excessive for someone with full control of such might...

MartAnimE

• Portugoose
  • This is Parta~!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2007, 04:28:49 PM »
 Well, I sampled it a bit, I think it's ok. :) I just hope they take a slightly different approach at the visual narrative with the anime's first episode.

Regarding the gore, it really is quite graphic, if they keep that scene where Ellis burns the guy's hand off I hope they don't get "Elfen Lied" about it and try to convey it in a more subtle way... ^^;

As for the fanservice, there's a considering amount of panty shots that could easily be avoided in the anime version without detracting from the cinematographic shooting angles point of view, I think... :P

I guess they could actually get away with Nadie's strip scene without making it look cheap, if they could do it with Madlax I believe it can be done here too (remember Madlax strip in the middle of a gunfight?)... ^^;

Anyway, of course I'm aware this is a manga version, and mangas usually take the liberties to include certain material they normally wouldn't get away with so easily in the respective anime versions. So I guess I'm optimistic about it. It really doesn't bother me if the manga version ventures a little further in the violence and fanservice departments, as long as they keep the anime subtle, the bee-train way! :)

Matrim

• True Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2007, 07:11:52 PM »
Ellis burning people with her superpowers reminded me of two things:
  - It is an interesting subversion of the dark traditon burning of witches on the stake, this time the "witch" burns people
  - The concept is quite similar to the one used in Witch Hunter Robin. I hope Elllis turns out to be at least as cool as Robin from that series.

And yes, I guess Ellis doesn't have full command of her powers.