Author Topic: [LGR] And all the rest (vol 5-7)(spoilerarma)  (Read 1430 times)

Fellini 8.5

• Film Snob
  • ASA NISI MASA
    • View Profile
    • Kineska
[LGR] And all the rest (vol 5-7)(spoilerarma)
« on: April 04, 2007, 11:57:36 PM »
I couldn't bring myself to do the "live-blogging" style for these eps -- they were just too involving.

In fact, because of that, I'm finding a hard time coming up with instances that I can just go ahead and pontificate about, because I wasn't taking any notes, and I really can't do any justice to everything that happens with just my flawed, intoxicated memory.

There's one little bit of controversy that needs debate, if not a bit of clearing up, though.  And it's a hell of a spoiler....

Margaret shot her father.

A lot of the earlier flashbacks make the suggestion (the "huge tease") that the big split happens such that Madlax actually pulls the trigger.  But if you watch the exact sequence when the final truth is revealed, it happens like this:

- The squishy things start a' squishin'
- We hear a gunshot
- More squishy-squishing
- Chibi-Madlax appears with the smoking gun.

At the end, Mr. Extended Weekend (or as I call, that motherf*'n ratfu*r) forces her to admit as much, and it's true, not just metaphorical.  So the deep irony is that Madlax has been living all along with a sin she didn't commit.  It's harsh and it's sad, and that's what make the ending so much more intersting and powerful.

There's a lot more that happens on these three discs that are fantastically interesting, funny, scary, and endearing.  Maybe they're even the best 3 discs in anime... but I'm biasesd (and haven't had a chance to re-watch Noir in a while...)

One of these days I want to dissect these discs shot-for-shot, but for now, I have to settle with posting this precious little on my fanboard.  Please, please feel free to add your own opinions in the mean time!
Fellini 8.5
kineska.blogspot.com -- Cinema, soapbox, music & musings
www.beetrainfan.org -- Noir, Madlax, .hack, El Cazador & much more!

Koveras

• Crazy in the Head
  • DM
  • Deny everything
    • View Profile
    • Koveras.net
  • Favorite Series: Madlax
Re: [LGR] And all the rest (vol 5-7)(spoilerarma)
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 01:48:24 AM »
One of these days I want to dissect these discs shot-for-shot,

How about applying a Fourier transformation to scientifically prove that it was Margaret who shot Burton and not Madlax? ^^ Like that German maths professor did to Noir. %)

JP Yuri

• Japanese Yuri Fanfic Queen
  • True Fan
  • I do *what* with *who*?
    • View Profile
Re: [LGR] And all the rest (vol 5-7)(spoilerarma)
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 07:24:11 PM »
One of these days I want to dissect these discs shot-for-shot,

How about applying a Fourier transformation to scientifically prove that it was Margaret who shot Burton and not Madlax? ^^ Like that German maths professor did to Noir. %)

@_@ Wall of text....my eyes glazed over after a while of reading that.
Am I supposed to just walk up to someone and say 'Hello. My name's Kirika. I kill people in my spare time'?

Taco taco tacosu has a whole new meaning now. Thanks, Kakashi.