Author Topic: Episode 02  (Read 12181 times)

Warblade

• True Fan
    • View Profile
Episode 02
« on: April 09, 2007, 01:29:17 PM »
There won't be a raw, for a while since this eppy has just aired but I can posted a couple screens from it.

Spoiler: show

Preview of next weeks

« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 02:26:41 PM by MartAnimE »

Matrim

• True Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 2
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 02:47:48 PM »
Nadi is also wearing a maid outfit? Hm, maybe Mashimo really liked Elenore.  ;D

I am the pain when you touch the truth.

Koveras

• Crazy in the Head
  • DM
  • Deny everything
    • View Profile
    • Koveras.net
  • Favorite Series: Madlax
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 03:08:15 PM »
Hm... who didn't? ::)

Fellini 8.5

• Film Snob
  • ASA NISI MASA
    • View Profile
    • Kineska
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2007, 06:06:30 PM »
Episode 2 raw torrent is out.  Fresh off the internets!  :)

Can't stick around right now, but I'll try to be back later for a watching-party, if anyone else is interested.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure those are waitress uniforms, like from a diner in the 50's.  Classic road-movie sort of thing.
Fellini 8.5
kineska.blogspot.com -- Cinema, soapbox, music & musings
www.beetrainfan.org -- Noir, Madlax, .hack, El Cazador & much more!

UNtrue Noir

• Sexy Jodie Extremist
  • True Fan
  • SHOCKU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2007, 07:32:27 PM »
Well, I saw the episode. And I was freaking out the whole time.

Especially with the motorcycle catching fire. L.A. is REALLY very creepy.
Jodie is as awesome as ever. And she is quite scary when she's serious. But that's why I love her. ^^
Nadie is definitely my second favorite character, after seeing this.

And next week looks soo good.
What am I supposed to say? 'Hi my name is Jodie, I like watching sunsets, taking long walks on the beach, oh and I'm smoking hot'?

Matrim

• True Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2007, 07:38:34 PM »
Oh, man, the plot thicken indeed, even though most of the episode is kind of an episodic side story dealing with that diner and its owner. Nadi's getting ever cooler and more interesting and there is yet another insert song if I am not mistaken. And this LA fellow is one screwed up and obsessed dude. :)

So Nadi works for Jodie! Now that's a twist I never saw coming.
We see a glimpse of Dark Jodie. Utterly cool as expected.
The massacre of Nadi's past is shown in a brief flashback.
The end was very moving, with Nadi pretending she had killed that man for the bounty and then crying in the car.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 10:23:38 PM by Matrim »

Fellini 8.5

• Film Snob
  • ASA NISI MASA
    • View Profile
    • Kineska
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2007, 08:16:18 PM »
--snip--
The end was very moving, with Nadi pretending she had killed that man for the bounty and then crying in the car.

- Well, you would have if you paid attention to that last Japanese magazine article with the "relationship diagram"  :)  (I meant to post a reminder of that with the recent speculation, but haven't had the time)

- And Ellis looking kind of put-out by that.  Funny.

Must. Have. Subtitles!
Fellini 8.5

Matrim

• True Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2007, 08:52:58 PM »
--snip--

- Well, you would have if you paid attention to that last Japanese magazine article with the "relationship diagram"  :)  (I meant to post a reminder of that with the recent speculation, but haven't had the time)

I tried not to pay a lot of attention to the info known before the show had started. But now I remember that I actually saw that diagram yet the link between the two had disappeared from my mind. Which was great because I am a sucker for plot twists.

Ombrenuit

• Wait and Hope
  • True Fan
  • Day Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2007, 08:38:44 AM »
It's painful to wait :(

Koveras

• Crazy in the Head
  • DM
  • Deny everything
    • View Profile
    • Koveras.net
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2007, 03:28:06 PM »
- ZOMG, it's them bubbles! What is she thinking, unleashing them when Nadie is around? She IS weird... ;D
- But my, is Ellis cute at this moment. ^^
- Hm, so Ellis admits she killed Schneider, although she doesn't remember anything?
- Curses and damnations! I have hard enough time trying to understand the part with Frida's daughter and here comes Kajiura with flutes! How da heck am I supposed to follow the plot like this? ^^;
- So this "massacre" was accompanied by a fire! What did I tell ye about Ellis' involvement? ;)
- How can Nadie be so clumsy when she's that fast with a gun? Oh, don't tell me: playing a role.
- Doesn't Nadie look like a female ZAFT officer...
- L.A. killed the poor doggy? He sure lives up to his bishounen image! ;D
- Rosenberg is EEEEVIIIIIIL. Mr. Extended Weekend was nice and sympathetic by comparison... ;)
- I REALLY want to know what Jodie said in the very end. >:(
- Hehe, so Nadie and Jodie share more that just last three letters, just as I predicted. :P
- Lirio can't speak? :-/
- Only the bad guys drive cars like that. ::)
- Jeez, is that's what they call pyrophilia? :D
- The evil bishounen-turns-sniper cat. ::)
- Ellis is cute.

MartAnimE

• Portugoose
  • Administrator
  • This is Parta~!
    • View Profile
    • My teespring store!
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2007, 05:44:31 PM »
 So I watched the raw and...

Yeah, this is all very cute and moe and all... ^^ But I wonder, where did Ellis get the "Soap Bubbles of Doom" device? Did she had it from the start or did it come with the Gay Jeep? ^^; Maybe those strange bounty hunters were into it... I like to think so, at least... LOL ^^

Ah, never mind something though... the bubbles weren't moe at all, compared to this is:

And Nadie's similar attempt at it with no results was funny too! ^^

Also, they made it look like L.A. was connected with Ellis somehow, on a psychic level maybe, perceiving the same sensations or something like that... For some reason I think he might have some weird powers too, he knocked that coyote down after all, but he doesn't look strong at all (though he might be armed)... or maybe he just likes to mimic her, like when she said "Yessur!", and he delightfully repeated it in quite a creepy stalker fashion... ^^;

And what was with that whole "putting the fire out" sequence?! ^^; That's gotta be one of the most MiaHT scenes ever! :P

L.A. is such a creep, always so sneaky and mysterious, and he does resembles a cat! I thought it was cool when he did this though:

As usual, the music was great, specially that new song that played during the shootout, and I really need subtitles to understand what exactly was the deal with Frida's daughter. My interpretation of it was that she was mad at her mother for being a bounty hunter and killing people, and that's why Nadie pretended it was her who killed that guy at the end, was it? Oh well, I honestly didn't get it so well... ^^;

BTW, I missed the Noir/Madlax cameo on episode 2 (if there was one to begin with ^^; ), if anyone finds it please make notice of it! ;D

Matrim

• True Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2007, 07:05:08 PM »
My interpretation of it was that she was mad at her mother for being a bounty hunter and killing people, and that's why Nadie pretended it was her who killed that guy at the end, was it?

Your guess is correct, at least from what I can tell and some summary I read today.

Ah, never mind something though... the bubbles weren't moe at all, compared to this is:

IMO, the most moe moment was in the end when Ellis repeated "hayaku" (quickly) at 20:46 after Nadi had said. Strangely enough her moeness does not annoy me at all, though.

I REALLY want to know what Jodie said in the very end.

Me too, I played this moment like 20 times and still don't get what she is saying. ARGH!

Fellini 8.5

• Film Snob
  • ASA NISI MASA
    • View Profile
    • Kineska
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2007, 09:52:52 PM »
You know, I only just thought of this because I watched the Selma Hayek movie last weekend, but I wonder if Frida is a reference to Frida Kahlo, a famous Mexican painter.  There's paintings in the backgrounds of some shots, but no recognizable details.
Fellini 8.5

MartAnimE

• Portugoose
  • Administrator
  • This is Parta~!
    • View Profile
    • My teespring store!
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2007, 10:07:56 PM »
 Well, it would have been kinda neat if the character had connected eyebrows... ^^; On the other hand, it would look kinda creepy in anime format... :P

UNtrue Noir

• Sexy Jodie Extremist
  • True Fan
  • SHOCKU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2007, 07:37:27 PM »
Did anyone else notice in the OP Rosenburg's eyes are different? One's normal and the other's.. evil-looking.

..there's an even DARKER Rosenburg?!
What am I supposed to say? 'Hi my name is Jodie, I like watching sunsets, taking long walks on the beach, oh and I'm smoking hot'?