Author Topic: "Spider Riders" in 2006?  (Read 16347 times)

UNtrue Noir

• Sexy Jodie Extremist
  • True Fan
  • SHOCKU!
    • View Profile
Re: "Spider Riders" in 2006?
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2006, 12:51:12 PM »
Already? Wow..
What am I supposed to say? 'Hi my name is Jodie, I like watching sunsets, taking long walks on the beach, oh and I'm smoking hot'?

Fellini 8.5

• Film Snob
  • ASA NISI MASA
    • View Profile
    • Kineska
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2006, 10:09:58 PM »
!!

For those living in the US, I just now saw a commercial for Spider Riders! There's gonna ba a one-hour premiere on either June 14 or 17 (man, forgot already :-X) on Kids WB.
Ahh, so it would seem.  There's a link to that WB commercial on http://www.spiderriders.com/spider_en.html

(not particularly exciting...)
Fellini 8.5
kineska.blogspot.com -- Cinema, soapbox, music & musings
www.beetrainfan.org -- Noir, Madlax, .hack, El Cazador & much more!

MartAnimE

• Portugoose
  • Administrator
  • This is Parta~!
    • View Profile
    • My teespring store!
  • Favorite Series: Madlax
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2006, 07:51:09 PM »
OK this is a bit silly, but has anyone here tried playing the game they put up on the official english site yet? It's kinda entertaining actually! They only have 5 levels so far though... You can also download the english opening theme on that site too! (I don't particularly like it but I guess someone might...) ^^;

... btw, can anyone tell me where to get a torrent for episode 9? I just can't find it! I got one for episode 10 but not for 9...
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 08:16:35 PM by MartAnimE »

Fellini 8.5

• Film Snob
  • ASA NISI MASA
    • View Profile
    • Kineska
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2006, 08:36:32 PM »
As I've already mentioned to MartAnimE, episdoe 9 seems to be missing entirely.  I didnt' even really notice.  Episode 10 was pretty cool though, as it was an extended introduction to "Aqune", the brooding purple-haired young lady who, for some reason not obvious to an English-speaker, works for the evil bug-dudes.

She rawks.   ;D

I was going to watch ep 11 this morning with breakfast, but the universe somehow came into alignment and when I was done making breakfast and brewing coffee, it was 10:30 on-the-dot, and the US premiere of the dub was starting on the WB.  So I subjected myself to that for nearly an hour.

I fear the dub may affect the "adoption rate" of the usual, typical WB watcher, as it was rather cheesy in spots.  That said, there were a couple of rather funny moments that I was impressed with.  It's almost as if it's spoofing the typical boy's fighting anime in a few places. 

They didn't give the bad guy in episode 2 ("Grashop", I believe), the same level of hilarious "chortle" that the Japanese version had, though.  A pity.

At any rate, the hit rate on my blog has astronomically increased, all due to searches on "Spider Riders".  Pity I don't have any current information on the post that's ranked so high on Google right now. :P  At least I have a pointer over here.

Fellini 8.5

MartAnimE

• Portugoose
  • Administrator
  • This is Parta~!
    • View Profile
    • My teespring store!
  • Favorite Series: Madlax
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2006, 01:58:52 PM »
Could someone do me a favor? ^^; It seems there are not enough seeds for all the raws anymore, either for the [S^M] or the [x-raws] ones. So far I only managed to complete [x-raws] episode 1 and [S^M] episodes 1, 8 and 10. So if someone could please reseed all the other spider rider raws I would really appreciate it! ^^
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 02:01:03 PM by MartAnimE »

Fellini 8.5

• Film Snob
  • ASA NISI MASA
    • View Profile
    • Kineska
Summaries
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2006, 07:56:52 PM »
Looking at the logs for my blog, I found that there's someone else actually watching this show, and she's been posting summaries.  Worth checking out:

http://tlchan.animeblogger.net/?cat=42

Fellini 8.5

JP Yuri

• Japanese Yuri Fanfic Queen
  • True Fan
  • I do *what* with *who*?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2006, 03:37:49 PM »
As I've already mentioned to MartAnimE, episdoe 9 seems to be missing entirely.  I didnt' even really notice.  Episode 10 was pretty cool though, as it was an extended introduction to "Aqune", the brooding purple-haired young lady who, for some reason not obvious to an English-speaker, works for the evil bug-dudes.

She rawks.   ;D

Are you talking about the one with short puple hair and a mask?

Yeah. she's the other Chloe. ;D

And WAAH! If any of you heard, the WB and UPN have merged into a new network called the CW. Now there are no cartoons on either the former UPN or the former WB! Which means no more Spider Riders! Waah! And just when I was getting into that show! >:(
Am I supposed to just walk up to someone and say 'Hello. My name's Kirika. I kill people in my spare time'?

Taco taco tacosu has a whole new meaning now. Thanks, Kakashi.

Ombrenuit

• Wait and Hope
  • True Fan
  • Day Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2006, 09:00:26 PM »
Quote from: Bulmafox
And WAAH! If any of you heard, the WB and UPN have merged into a new network called the CW. Now there are no cartoons on either the former UPN or the former WB! Which means no more Spider Riders! Waah! And just when I was getting into that show! Angry

Are you kidding me? WB pretty much served my Saturday morning cartoon purposes when I was much younger single-handedly (I'm still a bit nostalgic remembering to wake up early in the morning in 5th grade to watch Pokemon before school too ^^; ). I can't even imagine what garbage is the alternative anymore. Poor kids  :-\

GrasshopLuver

• I am the AlMiGhTy Grasshop.......Luver...yah...<.<'
  • True Fan
  • I'm up HEEEEERRREEE! Miss me?
    • View Profile
    • RPG Den- A place for RPG Lovers to UNITE!
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2006, 09:33:51 PM »
I have up through episode 21 of Spider Riders up on YouTube. My profile name is BigDaddyGarlic. I'm constantly getting new episodes, so stick around there and watch them. I have Japanese and english episodes, and getting episode 22 in English tommorrow, and 25 in Japanese sometime soon afterwards. So you don't have to miss it! XD

UNtrue Noir

• Sexy Jodie Extremist
  • True Fan
  • SHOCKU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2006, 11:24:31 PM »
And WAAH! If any of you heard, the WB and UPN have merged into a new network called the CW. Now there are no cartoons on either the former UPN or the former WB! Which means no more Spider Riders! Waah! And just when I was getting into that show! >:(

Well. I knew about the merging, but I didn't know that there'd be no more cartoons! WHAT ARE YOU DOING, WB?! THAT'S THE WHOLE REASON WHY YOU'RE POPULAR!! There is NO point in bringing back 7TH HEAVEN!! *roar!*
What am I supposed to say? 'Hi my name is Jodie, I like watching sunsets, taking long walks on the beach, oh and I'm smoking hot'?

GrasshopLuver

• True Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2006, 02:37:47 AM »
If you want Spider Riders, go to YouTube, or to my site to DL them. I'm also putting up the old original MegaMan series on YouTube, and more anime, and take requests for anime to upload. XD

So yah....<.<'

Ta ta! XDDD

Fellini 8.5

• Film Snob
  • ASA NISI MASA
    • View Profile
    • Kineska
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2006, 07:38:38 PM »
YouTube and my big-screen TV just don't get along very well. :P

Any chance of convincing your source of the Japanese episodes to get the AVIs up on Bittorrent?
Fellini 8.5

GrasshopLuver

• True Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2006, 02:01:19 PM »
YouTube and my big-screen TV just don't get along very well. :P

Any chance of convincing your source of the Japanese episodes to get the AVIs up on Bittorrent?

So you can't jsut download them from my site and you HAVE to have bittorrent? >.<' Well, I don't think I can help you there, because my friends and I just don't create bittorrents <.<' So either go to my site and DL em there, or uh...find somewhere else, though I dunno where they have all of the episodes besides at my site. *shrugs* I mean, my DLs are from Rapidshare and SendSpace, and I refresh every now and then so ppl can DL anytime they want to....so its not that difficult and a bit faster than a bittorrent. You'll need to go to my site though at this page:
Mantid-sama's Fortress Forums-Episode Downloads Page

If any of them don't work, please tell me and I'll refresh 'em. I think I'mmissing a few, but I'll have those up later. K?

Ta ta! XD

GrasshopLuver

• True Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2006, 10:23:10 PM »
My forums are booming and may quite possibly become the largest andmost active SR site on the entire net! XD I'm refreshing some DL links at the moment, AND just got the books which I will be feeding to you guys lolz. Just check the site....the books aren't as good as the anime, but they're decent enough I guess....<.<'

Anyways, drop by my forums plz and check it out! XD We're constantly upgrading! XXXDDD

Ta ta! XXXXXXXXDDDDDDD *hops off*  ;D

GrasshopLuver

• True Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2006, 01:04:07 PM »
Woo....got lots going on lately. I have some of the latest eps from the series up on my Fortress forums, and on YouTube as well, for you non-downloaders XP

Also, a bit of sad news I guess, my man Stephen D. Sulliven (who was co-author of the Spider Riders book series), just e-mailed me to inform me that he is to have knee surgery tommorrow. Of course, being the good little girl I am ~__^, I wished him much luck on this, so everyone be praying that he gets through this without much complication so he can go back to his bookwriting.

Thirdly, on my forums...some new contests have reared their heads: An AMV contest, a fanart contest, and a fanfiction contest! XD I'm hoping to bring allof the Spider Riders fans together to participate in this ful lil competotion, so if you have the skillz, please join up! Other than that, I'll just be bringing you the most Spider Riders media on the net! w00t!

Ta ta! ~____^