Author Topic: New Series for April 2008!!!??  (Read 13706 times)

Fellini 8.5

• Film Snob
  • ASA NISI MASA
    • View Profile
    • Kineska
New Series for April 2008!!!??
« on: November 07, 2007, 02:36:31 PM »
 :o

Got a little bored at lunch today and decided to search Japanese sites for Bee Train info, and somehow I totally lucked out on this rumor of a new series!  (hard-to-follow Google Translation link)

I can't quite make out for sure what the title is, though...  Here's the info:

未来日記 アニメ化?
スレの情報なんで信用度は不明ですが、引用します。

電撃G`s出の情報。

2008年四月より未来日記が全国U局でアニメ化決定と発表あった。

主要スタッフとキャストだけ掲載しておく。

監督:真下耕一/脚本:黒田洋介/音楽:梶浦由紀/製作:ビィートレイン

キャスト

天野雪輝:白鳥哲/我妻由乃:釘宮理恵/来須圭悟:日野聡/豊穣礼佑:久川綾/春日野椿:中原麻衣/雨流みねね:田村ゆかり/月島狩人:滝口順平/平坂黄泉:杉田智和/秋瀬或:保志総一朗/日野日向:白石涼子/野々坂まお:こやまきみこ/デウス・エクス・マキナ:若本規夫

...and here's what Google tries to make it out as (with a minor bit of editing by me)

Future Diary anime?
Foul information Why creditworthiness is unknown, but the citation.

Lightning G `s out information.

In April 2008 from future diary stations nationwide U anime decision and announcement.

Major staff and cast just keep running.

Director: Koichi Mashimo / screenwriter: Yousuke Kuroda / Music: Yuki Kajiura / Manufacturing: Bee Train

Cast

Amano snow Bright: Swan Philosophy /我妻由乃: Rie Kugimiya /須圭come Satoru: Hino Satoshi / increase thanks佑: Aya Hisakawa / Kasugano Tsubaki: Mai Nakahara / rain flow it right there: Yukari Tamura / Tsukishima Hunter: Hitoshi Sunao Takiguchi / Ban Hitoshi Yomigaeri: Tomokazu Sugita / shoal or fall: Souitirou Yasushi / Hino in the sun: Ryouko Shiraishi / Ban Nono MAO: KOYAMA KIMIKO / Deus Exe Maki Na: Norio Wakamoto

(Please help clean up the credits...  I suspect there's good things to be found in there!)

...So is this saying that this is the manga "The Future Diary"? ("Mirai Nikki")

I thought "Lightning G's" might be the title, but it turns out it's a magazine.

This is about all I can dig up so far; off to research some more.  So much for getting work done this afternoon!!   ;D
Fellini 8.5
kineska.blogspot.com -- Cinema, soapbox, music & musings
www.beetrainfan.org -- Noir, Madlax, .hack, El Cazador & much more!

Koveras

• Crazy in the Head
  • DM
  • Deny everything
    • View Profile
    • Koveras.net
  • Favorite Series: Madlax
Re: New Series for April 2008!!!??
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 02:44:57 PM »
God damn you, Warchief, I've looked for this stuff just yesterday and I haven't found it! :( ;) Anyway, if Kuroda is involved, there's nothing to fear. %)

...So is this saying that this is the manga "The Future Diary"? ("Mirai Nikki")

It apparently is: the names of the characters match way too perfectly. :) Oh well, I guess they want to put original stuff on hiatus for now...

I thought "Lightning G's" might be the title, but it turns out it's a magazine.

My educated guess would be that it is the magazine that published the news. :)

(Please help clean up the credits...  I suspect there's good things to be found in there!)

Well, let's see what Wikipedia can do...

Spoiler: show
Amano snow Bright: Swan Philosophy /

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetsu_Shiratori (loved the guy in Code Geass)

我妻由乃: Rie Kugimiya /

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rie_Kugimiya (Elric Jr. ^^;)

須圭come Satoru: Hino Satoshi /

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satoshi_Hino (no idea)

increase thanks佑: Aya Hisakawa /

Hm, can't find this one anywhere... =)

Kasugano Tsubaki: Mai Nakahara /

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mai_Nakahara (this one seems pretty prolific...)

rain flow it right there: Yukari Tamura /

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yukari_Tamura (this one is even more so, but I seem to have missed all animes she was involved with)

Tsukishima Hunter: Hitoshi Sunao Takiguchi /

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Junpei_Takiguchi (the good ol' Phyllo =^.^=)

Ban Hitoshi Yomigaeri: Tomokazu Sugita /

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomokazu_Sugita (oh yay, Subaru Sumeragi and Kyon in one person! %))

shoal or fall: Souitirou Yasushi /

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sōichirō_Hoshi (all hail Jesus Yamato!)

Hino in the sun: Ryouko Shiraishi /

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryōko_Shiraishi

Ban Nono MAO: KOYAMA KIMIKO /

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kimiko_Koyama

Deus Exe Maki Na: Norio Wakamoto

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norio_Wakamoto (ZOMG, this Deus Ex Machina must be EVIL)

PS: My 1800th posting. ^^;; Now I'm single-handedly responsible for over 20% of activity on this board.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 03:27:38 PM by Koveras »

MartAnimE

• Portugoose
  • Administrator
  • This is Parta~!
    • View Profile
    • My teespring store!
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 03:03:10 PM »
 Oh cool! Nice scoop! :o Looking forward to know more!!! ;D I was hoping for an original work but a manga adaptation is better than nothing! :)

Koveras

• Crazy in the Head
  • DM
  • Deny everything
    • View Profile
    • Koveras.net
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 03:43:50 PM »
The question: is that the NBT or just a diversion like Murder Princess? ^^; Though I figure that with Mashimo, Kuroda, Kajiura, and Hisakawa on board, it ought to be the former... :D

Fellini 8.5

• Film Snob
  • ASA NISI MASA
    • View Profile
    • Kineska
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2007, 03:56:51 PM »
If I were to speculate (on this thread? Naw!), the "stations nationwide" bit in the rumour probably means it will be broadcast on network TV as opposed to being an OVA.
Fellini 8.5
kineska.blogspot.com -- Cinema, soapbox, music & musings
www.beetrainfan.org -- Noir, Madlax, .hack, El Cazador & much more!

MartAnimE

• Portugoose
  • Administrator
  • This is Parta~!
    • View Profile
    • My teespring store!
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2007, 08:25:22 PM »
 Well, if it's a TV series instead of an OAV it's already a plus to me! Though OAVs usually have a larger budget and production cost, which tends to translate into an higher quality, technically speaking, I personally tend to prefer the TV series format, if anything because of the longer exposition you have to the characters and the story, which is what really connects on an emotional level with me! :)

hayama

• True Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2007, 08:36:02 PM »
Here's some more information on the manga. Looks like my kind of story: a Battle Royale plotline with insane characters to boot. While it's not exactly the type of thing I would really hope for our favorite company to produce (I was hoping for a new girls-with-guns series, even though it was supposed to be a "trilogy"), I'm interested to see how they may handle this show.

MartAnimE

• Portugoose
  • Administrator
  • This is Parta~!
    • View Profile
    • My teespring store!
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2007, 08:48:00 PM »
 Thanks a lot for that link hayama! ^^ That review really makes the show come across as a psychotic "kill everything" sort of show! On the other hand, it's all happening on an imaginary and surreal realm of a mentally unstable teenager... I guess this has an interesting premise and a lot of potential to become into something as freaky as Paranoia Agent, FLCL or Lain! ;D

Koveras

• Crazy in the Head
  • DM
  • Deny everything
    • View Profile
    • Koveras.net
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2007, 04:07:39 AM »
Well, I'll play the advocatus diaboli again and say that somehow, I feel a bit disappointed... First, I'm not too much into Battle Royale stories, I prefer the Quest-type plots. Second, I'm not too sure about having a male protagonist. >_> I mean, the only Really Big Thing by Bee Train that came with one was Roots (Tsubasa has an ensemble cast, i.e. no single protagonist per se) and, frankly, it was inferior to the rest of them. I'm just not sure Bee Train can handle it. :)

Matrim

• True Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2007, 11:25:44 AM »
I love Battle Royale's premise and the Future Diary manga seem to get some rave reviews (even comparisons with the almighty Higurashi), so I am quite excited about the prospect of Bee Train making such a series. I am so going to check out the manga and hope the reviews are on to something. But even if the manga is overrated with Madlax's scriptwriters things might turn out good.

The seiyuu cast could have been better but it seems good enough, I'd venture that najahara Mai will play some psychopath since apaprently a lot of the characters fit that descriptions and she does it with such relish in Higurashi.

I am the pain when you touch the truth.

Ombrenuit

• Wait and Hope
  • True Fan
  • Day Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2007, 07:12:06 PM »
Quote from: Pani Poni Dash
Super Omega Nusu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If this is true, then I'll be more excited for it than I ever was for El Cazador. This just made by day. And thanks for the link Hayama.

I've always liked the Battle Royale "genre". It's obscure, that's definite. But there are so many dynamics introduced by the concept.

It's very character focused to almost harem-show proportions (missing by a hair  :P). The complex web of social interactions creates such an unpredictible dynamic, and almost endless drama potential. The plot unravels as a game that toys with the viewer. I just love stories that try to play the viewer and dare them to anticipate what is next.

On top of the normal "Who will backstab who?" drama, we have little puzzle pieces from the future that we try to put together. I absolutely love a good mystery, but this is too much. It reminds me a little of death note, but less sane.

Quote from: Otakuism
here’s Yuno, who wants Yukiteru to be her lover forever and kill anyone who even looks at him; Minane, a goth-loli terrorist bomber; Yomotsu, who believes he’s a henshin hero; Tsubaki, the object of a cult’s affection; and Reisuke, a creepy kid who makes the kid from The Omen look like a saint.

Eccentric characters? Mystery? AND Battle Royale?

And KAJIURA IS ON BOARD TOO?!?! Has someone been reading my mind??? Even if this wasn't Bee Train, I'd be completely on board with this idea. Now Madhouse Studios just needs to get 20th Century Boys out and I'll have found enlightenment (for this year).
« Last Edit: November 08, 2007, 07:45:13 PM by Ombrenuit »

Koveras

• Crazy in the Head
  • DM
  • Deny everything
    • View Profile
    • Koveras.net
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2007, 04:17:25 AM »
It's very character focused to almost harem-show proportions (missing by a hair  :P). The complex web of social interactions creates such an unpredictible dynamic, and almost endless drama potential. The plot unravels as a game that toys with the viewer. I just love stories that try to play the viewer and dare them to anticipate what is next.

On top of the normal "Who will backstab who?" drama, we have little puzzle pieces from the future that we try to put together. I absolutely love a good mystery, but this is too much. It reminds me a little of death note, but less sane.

It's just doesn't feel me with enthusiasm... maybe, that's because I've watched Fate/stay night just recently (and liked it), I dunno.

What? It's my turn to be bitching about everything. :P And Matrim can play the fanboy this time around, I don't mind. %)

Teufel

• True Fan
  • My grunty's cooler than your grunty
    • View Profile
  • Favorite Series: .hack//SIGN
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2007, 03:20:01 AM »
:o

Got a little bored at lunch today and decided to search Japanese sites for Bee Train info

Man, if this is what you do when you're bored, I wonder what you accomplish when you're focused.  ;D

Quote from: Koveras
Well, I'll play the advocatus diaboli again and say that somehow, I feel a bit disappointed...

I wouldn't go as far to say I'm disappointed since I didn't have any expectations anyhow, but this does not seem like an instant classic made of super awesome. Without having read the manga and just reading about it from the sources provided, it seems like it has great elements but as a whole doesn't quite do it for me. Oh well. Sounds like it has potential, could be interestingly different from Bee Train's other works, and I get really excited thinking about what music Kajiura will come up for a god of time and space. ;)

As I mentioned in the chat the other day though, Kuroda should not be adapting, he should be coming up with more original stories.  ;D
"Make your point, Smee, before I make mine in your solar plexus."

Koveras

• Crazy in the Head
  • DM
  • Deny everything
    • View Profile
    • Koveras.net
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2007, 04:45:14 AM »
Man, if this is what you do when you're bored, I wonder what you accomplish when you're focused.  ;D

He starts fan forums with adjacent fan wikis and fan galleries. For starters... =)

As I mentioned in the chat the other day though, Kuroda should not be adapting, he should be coming up with more original stories.  ;D

Yeah, that's true. Or, better yet, take Mashimo's stories and drive them to perfection with his own ideas, like they did with Madlax. =)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 04:16:09 AM by Koveras »

ligbi

• Master of Nadi, Master of your mom.
  • True Fan
  • ゆいごん あったら, どぞ.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2007, 06:11:44 PM »
Spent the last 2 days reading the first 18 chapters.
Battle Royal + Lain that is > than Death Note.
EWW! Yuno is TOTALLY that pink haired cat-girl from loveless.
Muramura is the most ...can I say rapeable in these fourms?... little girl ever!!!!
I can proudly say that I do have an idea of what Battle Royal and Lain are about. It is all Smileydudes fault. I've seen the first episode of Lain (plans to watch the rest) and I read volume 8 of Battle Royal over his shoulder in Japanese class. If anyone here is thinking about reading Battle Royal, skip volume 8. No. Just no.
Deus is totally bsing everyone. He is having way to much fun with this game to give up his power. I think I've seen 9/13 of the diary holders now?
Future Diary > Death Note.

Future Diary > Death Note. This is not a typo.
Future Diary > Your Mother.