Author Topic: Spring 2009 Preview  (Read 5205 times)

Teufel

• True Fan
  • My grunty's cooler than your grunty
    • View Profile
  • Favorite Series: .hack//SIGN
Spring 2009 Preview
« on: March 08, 2009, 07:17:50 PM »
http://that.animeblogger.net/2009/03/08/that-spring-2009-anime-preview/

Definitely

Pandora Hearts - Apparently the hero's sidekick is going to be Alice the blood-stained rabbit. :D That sounds awesome and judging by the trailer looks awesome to boot.

Phantom: Requiem of the Phantom - Duh!

Shangril-La - Is this Gonzo's last big show before the studio curls up into a ball and hides in a corner somewhere? Not too crazy about the premise but I tend to actually like Gonzo.

0-7 Ghost - Revenge, struggle against the God of Death, Studio Deen, neat trailer. Count me in.

Valkyria Chronicles - 1930's Europe type setting. Sounds like something interesting might actually happen in this *glares at Allison & Lillia*

Asura Cryin' - Not much info on this, but the premise has a lot of potential and the character designs are nice. If the first episode's not good I won't stick with it.

Maybe

Sengoku Basara - Samurai. Not wild about what I saw in the trailer but it has Kazuya Nakai and Romi Paku in it.

Guin Saga - Dunno... usually I'll give anything fantasy a shot. Maybe if I get really bored.

Saki - Eww, fanservicey lolis. But on the other hand Yu Gi Oh with mahjong + Jun Fukuyama just sounds like a quality series.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 07:22:06 PM by Teufel »
"Make your point, Smee, before I make mine in your solar plexus."

Koveras

• Crazy in the Head
  • DM
  • Deny everything
    • View Profile
    • Koveras.net
  • Favorite Series: Madlax
Re: Spring 2009 Preview
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 04:51:08 AM »
From that list: Phantom: Requiem of the Phantom, Valkyria Chronicles, Fullmetal Alchemist 2.

They don't mention Canaan, which will be the highlight of the season for me, and I also hope First Squad comes out this season...
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 04:53:06 AM by Koveras »

Bocayuki

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 07:10:54 AM »
From that list: Phantom: Requiem of the Phantom, Valkyria Chronicles, Fullmetal Alchemist 2.

They don't mention Canaan, which will be the highlight of the season for me, and I also hope First Squad comes out this season...

Fullmetal Alchmemist2? Is this a rehash of the series or any they going continue from where Conquerer of Shambala left off?

Koveras

• Crazy in the Head
  • DM
  • Deny everything
    • View Profile
    • Koveras.net
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 07:15:45 AM »
Fullmetal Alchmemist2? Is this a rehash of the series or any they going continue from where Conquerer of Shambala left off?

Nah, from what I gather, they decided to follow the original manga, after all. :D The last 5-10 eps of the anime series diverged greatly from the manga because Bones wanted to give us some conclusion, and the movie is thus completely non-canon. I think they'll retcon the anime ending out of the existence and start over from the point where it diverged from the manga.

Yoshitsune

• ( ◕‿‿◕ )
  • True Fan
  • 生きる時も死ぬ時も, 永遠 に 二人はともにあること.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2009, 08:34:46 AM »
Sengoku Basara - Samurai. Not wild about what I saw in the trailer but it has Kazuya Nakai and Romi Paku in it.

Oh, the anime was based on the video game, I played it before. It even has Mamiko Noto in it.
"True talents are doomed to remain unappreciated by fools."

Fellini 8.5

• Film Snob
  • ASA NISI MASA
    • View Profile
    • Kineska
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2009, 03:26:43 PM »
Besides Phantom (2 more days?!), looks like all I'm watching is Shangri-La

Last Exile really grew on me, and the preview looks pretty good despite how short it is.

I'm thinking of giving Crunchyroll a chance and actually pay to see it.  Anyone here try that yet?  (US only, I do believe...)
Fellini 8.5
kineska.blogspot.com -- Cinema, soapbox, music & musings
www.beetrainfan.org -- Noir, Madlax, .hack, El Cazador & much more!

Teufel

• True Fan
  • My grunty's cooler than your grunty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2009, 12:15:01 AM »
I've used Crunchyroll but not to watch anything I had to pay for. Actually watched two or three series on it instead of downloading the fansubs and I've got no complaints. No problems working, no annoying ads or pop-ups as the episodes play. Not too shabby quality but not as good as Hulu if you've used that all.

Again, that was all free. I think they had higher quality versions of the episodes if I'd been a paying customer.
"Make your point, Smee, before I make mine in your solar plexus."

GhostFriendly

• True Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2009, 07:38:56 PM »
Anyone seen Eden of the East at all? It does have an amnesiac with a gun, and an apparent mysterious conspiracy...just a little disturbing in places.

FMA mark2 might give a good chance to see all the great bits in the manga they didn't animate, but a reboot from the start would be necessary to set those up, and rehashing minor incidents like Liore might rapidly get tiresome.

AlexShadow

• DM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2009, 08:35:07 PM »
Anyone seen Eden of the East at all? It does have an amnesiac with a gun, and an apparent mysterious conspiracy...just a little disturbing in places.

FMA mark2 might give a good chance to see all the great bits in the manga they didn't animate, but a reboot from the start would be necessary to set those up, and rehashing minor incidents like Liore might rapidly get tiresome.

I saw Higashi!  I was impressed mostly by the fact REAL English was spoken!

And it looks like to be a good series overall.  Kind of feels like a spoof of Noir almost :P

Koveras

• Crazy in the Head
  • DM
  • Deny everything
    • View Profile
    • Koveras.net
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2009, 02:19:32 AM »

Nope, too much hype around it for my taste. %)

Yoshitsune

• ( ◕‿‿◕ )
  • True Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2009, 05:35:07 AM »
I'm currently watching Sengoku Basara, Tears to Tiara, Valkyria Chronicles and FMA. What about you guys?

Koveras

• Crazy in the Head
  • DM
  • Deny everything
    • View Profile
    • Koveras.net
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2009, 05:41:54 AM »
I'm watching Denpa teki na Kanojo (haven't seen anything as crazy wicked since Higurashi, btw), FMA2, Hetalia, Minami-ke Okaeri, Phantom, SoraKake (highlight of the season at the moment), and Valkyria Chronicles. Also, still waiting in vain for Canaan. :'(
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 06:34:01 AM by Koveras »

Yoshitsune

• ( ◕‿‿◕ )
  • True Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2009, 10:31:54 AM »
Also, still waiting in vain for Canaan.  :'(

Well, the series is still in production so the only answer is "Wait and hope".

AlexShadow

• DM
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2009, 11:46:53 AM »
Besides Phantom I'm watching K-ON, Pandora Hearts and Eden of the East

Fellini 8.5

• Film Snob
  • ASA NISI MASA
    • View Profile
    • Kineska
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2009, 08:13:25 PM »

I've decided to give it a try, though the manga-like takes and the lead girl's mannerism kind of irritate me.  Seems like it might be a decent story, and there's some good attention to detail.

I'm also giving Shangri-La a shot.  It's going to be expensive paying for Crunchyroll just for that show, but I want to try to support the business model for as long as I can stand it.

Fellini 8.5
kineska.blogspot.com -- Cinema, soapbox, music & musings
www.beetrainfan.org -- Noir, Madlax, .hack, El Cazador & much more!