Author Topic: Reliable sourses on Madlax  (Read 11662 times)

Koveras

• Crazy in the Head
  • DM
  • Deny everything
    • View Profile
    • Koveras.net
  • Favorite Series: Madlax
Reliable sourses on Madlax
« on: September 05, 2006, 11:33:52 AM »
I'm currently trying to get the "featured" status for my article about Madlax and I am in desperate need of some reliable sources to backup what I wrote. :( By "reliable sources" I mean web-sites (maybe even stuff published on paper, but in this case I need exact references) with authors' comments, reviews by notable critics, articles containing a lot of info (other than Wiki), etc.

Right now I only have A. Wong's article to work with. :(

Ombrenuit

• Wait and Hope
  • True Fan
  • Day Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Reliable sourses on Madlax
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006, 12:05:17 PM »
I think as for the best sources you can use, although I'm not quite sure specifically the sources you need, are the inserts in the dvds. I learned more about Madlax there then anything else. You could also use the series as a definitive source as well :p, couldn't you?

Koveras

• Crazy in the Head
  • DM
  • Deny everything
    • View Profile
    • Koveras.net
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2006, 01:29:09 PM »
I've already pumped everything I could out of the series. :(

And as for the DVD inserts... Back in Soviet Germany, we don't by animes! :P We download them... so if you have any of those aforementioned inserts, maybe, I could ask you to share them with me (in form of transcripts or scans, depending on the source)? =)

MartAnimE

• Portugoose
  • Administrator
  • This is Parta~!
    • View Profile
    • My teespring store!
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2006, 03:39:44 PM »
Well there's always the Newtype Bee-Train article which focuses mostly on Madlax! As for the DVD inserts Ombrenuit mentioned, I happen to have them scanned till DVD 3! I can share those now and scan the rest later!

Spoiler: DVD 1 booklet • show

Spoiler: DVD 2 booklet • show

Spoiler: DVD 3 booklet • show

There are also those more general informative anime sites like Anime News Network and AnimeNfothe official ADV site, and Anime on DVD which offers very complete DVD reviews:

Disc 1 review
Disc 2 review
Disc 3 review
Disc 4 review
Disc 5 review
Disc 6 review
Disc 7 review
« Last Edit: September 05, 2006, 06:29:04 PM by MartAnimE »

Matrim

• True Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2006, 09:10:42 PM »
Very interesting booklets, especially the third one. I knew that there must be a reason for the success of the Kajiura - Bee Train combo. ;)
I am the pain when you touch the truth.

Koveras

• Crazy in the Head
  • DM
  • Deny everything
    • View Profile
    • Koveras.net
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2006, 08:13:53 AM »
Marta, you are a sweetheart, I love you. ^^;

Very interesting booklets, especially the third one. I knew that there must be a reason for the success of the Kajiura - Bee Train combo. ;)

I've even started a Mashimo Menu article on our Wiki, based on that. =)

http://www.beetrainfan.org/wiki/index.php?title=Mashimo_Menu

MartAnimE

• Portugoose
  • Administrator
  • This is Parta~!
    • View Profile
    • My teespring store!
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2006, 07:09:28 PM »
Marta, you are a sweetheart, I love you. ^^;

My my, aren't we cute today? I'm weak against that! ^^;

Here's the rest, enjoy:

Spoiler: DVD 4 booklet • show

Spoiler: DVD 5 booklet • show

Spoiler: DVD 6 booklet • show

Spoiler: DVD 7 booklet • show

Koveras

• Crazy in the Head
  • DM
  • Deny everything
    • View Profile
    • Koveras.net
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2006, 09:12:16 AM »
My my, aren't we cute today? I'm weak against that! ^^;

^_^ I'm not very keen on discussing such intimate matters in public, so we'll have to move somewhere more... private with this. ;)

Quote from: Koichi Mashimo
As you have already figured out I'm talking about the third and the final part of my trilogy. I've decided to title it MAD & LAX. Two shady lives of the two killers, a crazy witch and a spacey witch... Respectable society which both entraps us and ensures public peace - we'll shoot it full of holes (with a feeling of gratitude)!

What the heck does he mean? Ok, I get the part with the killers and witches, but what's up with that title suggestion? The guy knows better than to re-use the old stuff...

Ombrenuit

• Wait and Hope
  • True Fan
  • Day Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2006, 03:06:16 PM »
What the heck does he mean? Ok, I get the part with the killers and witches, but what's up with that title suggestion? The guy knows better than to re-use the old stuff...

Honestly, I think we know better then to trust Mashimo-san; he's more then a bit crazy and honestly, with a series concept like that, he definitly seems to be in the whimsical idea-entertaining stage. Most likely with some more saki-fueled sessions over the years, the "idea" (if you can really call it that ^^; ) will be abandoned for something completely different.

You know, it almost reminds me of a trailer a friend showed me for an up-and-coming Japanese game. Yes, of all the creative magnificance when it comes to "cool english phrases" permeating Japanese titles these days, this one is pretty unique: Bullet Witch. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7zPz7DKYKk.

And yes, it looks like that gun is modeled after a broom.

Does this count as Girls with Guns Koveras? ^^;
« Last Edit: September 07, 2006, 03:11:48 PM by Ombrenuit »

Koveras

• Crazy in the Head
  • DM
  • Deny everything
    • View Profile
    • Koveras.net
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2006, 08:44:13 AM »
You know, it almost reminds me of a trailer a friend showed me for an up-and-coming Japanese game. Yes, of all the creative magnificance when it comes to "cool english phrases" permeating Japanese titles these days, this one is pretty unique: Bullet Witch. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7zPz7DKYKk.

And yes, it looks like that gun is modeled after a broom.

I don't know... This reminds me of BloodRayne (btw, Rayne is the cutest half-vampire ever, with Selene being the cutest full-blood Childe %) ) a lot. But aside from flashy acrobatics, I don't see how the action is something special... then, again, I've just watched a couple of Crysis trailers, so I'm hard to impress right now. :)

Does this count as Girls with Guns Koveras? ^^;

Externally - probably, yes, but I have no idea about the content. GWG fiction must feature internal struggles within the protagonist, that's why, for example, BloodRayne doesn't qualify as such - Rayne has no qualms about blowing off body segments of living humans and/or sucking them dry of blood. If there wasn't Alucard in Hellsing, just Seras, it could have count as GWG simply for the reason that Seras has to overcome herself to behave more like a vampire than a humans, etc.

I'm still working on the universal definition, though, but thanks for making me express my thoughts - it helps. :)

UNtrue Noir

• Sexy Jodie Extremist
  • True Fan
  • SHOCKU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2006, 04:36:03 PM »
(btw, Rayne is the cutest half-vampire ever, with Selene being the cutest full-blood Childe %)

I'm sorry, cute? Try HOTT. :]
What am I supposed to say? 'Hi my name is Jodie, I like watching sunsets, taking long walks on the beach, oh and I'm smoking hot'?

Koveras

• Crazy in the Head
  • DM
  • Deny everything
    • View Profile
    • Koveras.net
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2006, 05:29:47 AM »
Hotness, my friend, is an attribute of body, cuteness goes with the personality. ;)

janus

• True Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2006, 07:09:31 PM »
Take a look at Gun X Sword if you want some really weird weapons including a sword looking gun and a gun looking sword.
What am I supposed to say...Mireille, I would love for you to shoot me in the head, anytime?

Koveras

• Crazy in the Head
  • DM
  • Deny everything
    • View Profile
    • Koveras.net
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2006, 08:01:24 AM »
AFAIU Madlax has been aired on the Anime Network in the US. Does anyone have some exact dates and/or airing times? If possible, with sourses. %)

---edited---

Never mind, I have already found everything I need... Boy, am I good with finding infos on the net. %)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2006, 10:56:15 AM by Koveras »

Koveras

• Crazy in the Head
  • DM
  • Deny everything
    • View Profile
    • Koveras.net
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2006, 06:08:07 AM »
An appeal to all who happen to possess Madlax DVDs or other high quality video formats: can someone get me the following screenshot in HQ, please? :)

Spoiler: Madlax ep26 • show

It's episode 26, right before Margaret, Madlax and Laetitia merge.